Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
UPDATE: We are THRILLED to announce that our adoption is FULLY FUNDED and that we are no longer in need of financial support. Thank you!
God does not call everyone to adopt, but He does call everyone to do something for the plight of the orphan.
Adoption is expensive.
Future Papa and I, while we do live comfortable lives, are not rich. Not by any means. We are a seemingly ordinary family, we live in a two-bedroom house, we have a dog. But God is calling us to do something more. To open our doors and give an orphan a home. To embark on an expensive journey. To put our pride aside and give Him the chance to call his sons and daughters to help provide for this journey.
We are doing everything we can to save our money. I'm taking on an extra teaching position and the Future Papa is working hard to add more clients to his busy schedule. We are cutting out all the little extras from our lives to funnel the money into our adoption. Instead of eating out, we are going to enjoy an abundance of peanut butter sandwiches. We are going to continue driving our old cars when new ones would be so nice. The movie theater, hair salon, and even the gas station (the Future Papa loves their slushies) will be seeing less of us. In all seriousness, we are not only throwing our heart and soul into this process, but also every cent we can.
Whew, so how do we plan to come up with the rest of the money? By putting our pride aside and asking.
1. The simplest way for people to help bring our child home is to just donate. You can do so by simply clicking the button above!
2. The Twenty for Taiwan Campaign. Basically, the idea is this: if 1,250 people each donate $20.00, our fundraising will be over. Find out more about this campaign here.
3. Keep an eye out for our auctions! We hope to have lots of them on our blog. If you have something you would be interested in donating in support of our adoption, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Jewelry! We are selling beautiful jewelry to bring our baby home. Check it out here.
5. LEAVES OF LOVE!!! Buy a Leaves of Love tree for your own fundraising efforts or a leaf for our tree! The designers of the tree donate 50% of the sales to our adoption! Click here to see our tree and click here to buy your own.
Please consider supporting this journey. Every amount, every donation, no matter how small (or big!) will be appreciated. I cannot put into words how grateful we are. How blessed we are. God is good! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.