Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Only the Beginning.

Posted by Angie at 3:47 PM
Levi is our greatest adventure. 

I began this blog January 1, 2011. For 2 years now, I have shared our adoption story.  This cozy little corner of the internet has been like a warm chair and a steamy mug of hot chocolate for me.  A place for me to curl up at the end of a day and chat about the highs and lows of the journey to our son.


But the truth is, this is only the beginning of our journey.  Our great adventure.
Our family.
 

This is a hard post for me to write.  This blog holds my hopes, my dreams, and my heartaches.  Swirling through these pages are a mix of the joy and the pain we carried with us these past years.  But ultimately, this space endeavored to capture one thing...our journey to Levi.
 

I see so many women I admire in this world.  Some I love face-to-face, others inspire me with words through their own corners of the internet.  Many thrive with wonderful families and a beautiful blog.  I must recognize my limits, though.  Life has always been a juggling act, but now, I have the most precious ball of all to juggle.  I always knew that when this tiny Taiwanese blessing entered my life, some of the balls I juggle would need to be packed away for awhile.  This blog is one of them.  

I thank you for the encouragement over the past 2 years.  I thank you for the patient ears, the kinds words, and the honest stories.  Brooke and I swapped our last "Friends for Adoption" gift in November, stay tuned to her blog for updates there.  Though my writing here will cease, for now, I will not stop reading your blogs, following your stories, praying for your individual journeys.

I don't think this is goodbye forever, though!  Think of it as a "see you later" while we settle into our life as a family of three.  Even though our adoption journey contained challenges, frustration, and heartache...it was worth it.  Worth it.  Worth it times a million, my friends.  And, though we still have many prayers to pray, pennies to save, and days to wait....I will venture a strong prediction, a strong hope, rather, that Levi will not be the only child we adopt.

So don't forget this little corner.  Keep an eye on this little space from time to time.  Because one day, one seemingly ordinary day, we may be announcing that we are expecting another blessing.

Until then, shine on, my readers, my friends, my inspirational people.  Many blessing on your own journeys.

Much love,
Blessed Mama  

9 comments:

Naomi Brock said...

We will miss you Angela!! But I totally understand! Tune into your family and that precious Levi. Much love! Naomi

Ani on January 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM said...

When we were adopting our first, some wise adoptive parents told us to plan on being out of commission for at least six months. They were right! Glad you're enjoying this sweet time with your little one, though I will miss your posts. Hope to see you back someday!

Terri F said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and enjoy the next phase of your journey as a family of three!

andersonadoptionjourney on January 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM said...

I'm going to miss this blog. It gave me much encouragement. Any book advice? Be blessed on this new adventure.

Ryan and Kala on January 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM said...

You are a beautiful writer! We have enjoyed following your adoption journey! Thank you for sharing your heart along this amazing journey! Enjoy each moment with Levi! You have a beautiful family! Praying blessings as you continue your journey as a family of three!

Alexis said...

I am a young newlywed just beginning to dive into your blog and read about your adoption journey! My husband and I plan to adopt (hopefully from Taiwan, if that is the Lord's plan!) within the next 3-5 years. Thank you for pouring yourself into your story so that those of us on the very beginning of our journey can learn from you! I so appreciate being able to access your invaluable thoughts! I hope that someday I can begin my own blog and that it will culminate in holding my own precious little one(s)!!!!

Jim Kennedy said...

Very beatiful blessed blog.
Did you know you can multiply the effectiveness of your blog with http://thehelpinghandforall.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I have enjoyed your blog. We just got our final approval from Taiwan last week. We are adopting a little girl. We are getting so excited. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your journey? Feel free to email me at taiwanmama2b@yahoo.com.

Amanda Rizor said...

Please, please, please consider a 1st birthday post at the end of the month :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez