Friday, November 9, 2012

Last post before Parenthood!

Posted by Angie at 8:55 AM
Since the last post, We made it through the loooong 16 hour flight to Hong Kong. I got some sleep on the flight, but not much. I watched 3 movies (including Brave and What to
Expect when you're Expecting and cried in both), 1 snack, 2 dinners
(both vegan, one a good Indian dish, one terrible, haha) and lots of
water. The husband was adventurous and ate fish dishes on the plane!

Once in Hong Kong, we made it through another security checkpoints and to the last gate for this part of the journey. While there, Blessed Papa tested out a translation app, and I think half the terminal turned to stare at us! We were already attracting attention
as the only Americans there, so that just sealed the deal. He thought
it was hilarious. I suppose I will have to get used to the attention...I'm sure we will get even more looks when we have Levi!

The flight to Kaohsiung was short and easy. We cleared customs, got all our bags, exchanged money, and met up with the fantastic volunteer, Ashleigh, who would be taking us to His Hands! It was after midnight so we especially appreciated the ride, since it kept her up so late.

We arrived at His Hands and had a quick tour. We are staying in the basement in the "parents room" and it is fantastic!! Bed, couch, crib, play area. They even bought us food...we have a lot of bananas to eat before they go bad ;-)

That night, we took showers and the husband went to bed. I was far too wired, so I unpacked some and organized. I did sleep a little...but not nearly enough ;-) I don't feel it yet, but I am sure I will sooner or later!!

In about one hour we will hold our son for the first time. I am a mix of excitement and nerves, but mostly excitement!!!! After the years of prayer, piles of paperwork, and months of waiting, this is it. Praise God!

Much love,
Blessed Mama

6 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

robin said...

So excited for you to hold that beautiful boy. Enjoy this special time.

Terri Christian Fisher on November 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM said...

Thrilled for you...glad you made it safely! Can't wait to see photos of the three of you together! Enjoy the moment!

Stan said...

How wonderful that you've made it!! How long are you planning on keeping the lil muffin for? Dollars to donuts you'll kick him to the curb within 6 months of getting home! And insist that it is the Lords will to dump a kiddo you swore to care for forever and ever.

Amanda Rose Rizor on November 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM said...

Dear "Stan",


It sounds as though you've had some difficulties in your life, with adoption in particular. While I can see those feelings are quite strong, I really think it would be more appropriate for you to find a professional to speak with to address your feelings, rather than projecting them at perfectly lovely strangers.
I will pray that you find peace for what it is that is bothering you so much and is the source of so much bitterness.

Amanda Rose Rizor on November 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM said...

So glad you made it safely and without any hiccups :-) Waiting excitedly for pictures of your "Forever Family"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez