Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Asking the Godparents

Posted by Angie at 9:28 AM
Meet Levi's Godparents!

Our lives are filled with wonderful, loving, generous people.  This couple is one of them.  Of course, I couldn't ask them to play such a special role in Levi's life in just any way!  When I saw this, it sparked an idea...
{from here}
So, the front of my cards looked like this...

And the back like this...

They read:


Will you be my Godfather?
Will you be a role model?  Will you encourage me to stay strong in my faith?  Will you take me fishing, camping, and shooting?   Will you make sure my parents’ final wishes are followed, should something happen to them?  Will you talk with me when I have questions about adoption and identity?  Will you comfort my parents when I go to college?  Will you teach me how to kick a soccer ball?  Will you be there on my wedding day to calm my nerves?  “Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that’s why they have godfathers.” Mario Puzo


Will you be my Godmother?
Will you be a role model?  Will you encourage me to stay strong in my faith?  Will you send me a cute card on my birthdays?  Will you make sure my parents’ final wishes are followed, should something happen to them?  Will you talk with me when I have questions about adoption and identity?  Will you please tell my mother when she dresses me in something embarrassing?  Will you also tell her that I am capable of driving a car when I am sixteen?  Will you be there on my wedding day to calm my nerves and tell my bride she’s beautiful?  Most of all, will you love me as you will your own children, through the good times and bad, the easy times and tough times, and remind me that through it all, I am always loved?

We put the cards in the mail, waited a couple days, and soon heard from some excited Godparents! And we couldn't be happier.

Much love,
Blessed Mama

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez