Monday, September 24, 2012

Nursery Reveal!

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
The nursery!  I have been working on it for months, dreaming about it for longer.  Completed on a tight budget with a whole lot of love, I am thrilled to announce it is almost complete!  Since the room will not be officially finished until we return from Taiwan with a few things, I decided to reveal it now.  
Welcome to our darling son's nursery... 
Welcome to Levi's Room!
Looking left
Looking center
Looking right
The room is really long, so I am going to share it in chunks.  After walking in the door, this is what you see to the left, the crib!
We received the crib (and matching changing table) from my mom, purchased at Target.  The artwork above it was drawn by a friend, which I blogged about here!
Close up of the crib...and dinosaur sheet!
Crib skirt sewn by me and my mother
Levi's view

One last look at this side of the room.

And now, the other side of the room!
Book ledges, changing table, and bouncing chair.  Curtain is the same fabric as the dust ruffle of the crib.
Book ledges are actually photo ledges from Ikea!
Changing table with plastic bins from Target. 
Changing pad!  I bought an extra dinosaur crib sheet, which we cut up to use the fabric as accents throughout the room.
Bouncing blue chair from Ikea
Last look at this side of the room!  Eventually, we will hang our Leaves of Love tree above the changing table.  In the top branches, are the fingerprints of family and friends.  In the roots, we plan to have the nannies, staff, and volunteers of His Hands place their prints and messages.

Other little details...
Haley finds the room quite comfortable.
The flag bunting came from one of Levi's baby showers...more on those soon!
My "tree masterpieces" and a little stuffed dino from my brother-in-law.
Blue dinosaurs on the lampshades, stenciled by me.
Whew!  That's a lot of pictures!

We spent very little money putting this together.  Stay tuned on Wednesday for "Part 2," which is a breakdown of "How to Decorate on a Dime: Nursery Style."

For those of you who got excited by my blogging absence, that we might be traveling...I'm so sorry!  I wish we were in Taiwan too, but nope, I just had a super busy week.  Please join us in prayer that we will receive our decrees soon!  It literally could be any day now.  This mama is ready to TRAVEL!!  And this nursery is ready for a BABY!

Much love,
Blessed Mama

2 comments:

Katie said...

It looks so good! I love the creative bookshelves. :)

Rach@InHisHands said...

Such a happy, delightful room for you little sweetie! Now you just need him home. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez