Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Will I laugh or will I cry?

Posted by Angie at 10:02 AM
These are the things I think about.  When I hold Levi for the first time, in the middle of a busy train station in Taiwan, will I laugh or will I cry?

At my wedding, I laughed.  I laughed uncontrollably the entire way down the aisle.  I was quite the giggly bride.
After the ceremony, walking down the aisle, still laughing.
When I announced our adoption plans to my mom, I cried.  Big, bawling, crying the second we hit play on the video.  So many tears I think she thought we were announcing a family catastrophe.

And so, when I think about that moment when I see Levi across the train station, after so many years leading up to this adoption, and months of staring at his pictures, I wonder how the emotion will come out.  I love seeing the pictures of other parents.
from this post
from this post
from this post
from this post
from this post
from this post

I'll tell ya one thing...I will be wearing the waterproof mascara just in case.

Much love,
Blessed Mama

5 comments:

Naomi Rice on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM said...

I know... I think about that too... I'm sure you will have a roller coaster of emotions!! I hope you take video! I would live to watch your first meeting!

Sherry Mitchell said...

Having been there (Russia)...
You will be stunned speechless. And then you will hold him, knowing that he is safe, and when he can't see you. Then you will have the most uncontrollable crazy happy tears. And you will melt forever.

Nicole said...

Maybe you'll do both :) Either way, it will be joyful and exciting day!!!!!!

Future Mama on August 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM said...

This is THE SWEETEST thing!!!! Thank you Sherry :-)

Future Mama on August 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM said...

Thanks Nicole :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez