Monday, August 27, 2012

Birth Mother Gift

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
What do you give to someone who has given you the most beautiful, selfless gift you have ever received?  It is impossible.  Absolutely impossible.  So instead, we decided to shop for something small for Levi's birth mother as a token to represent our love.  

After shopping and searching for hours, I stumbled across a locket on Etsy that I fell in love with.  I stared at it and thought about it for weeks.  After our court date, we knew it was time to order.  Introducing a very special locket.

 
 
With a discount (tell her if you are adopting!), purchased from MintDesigns

Actually, I ordered two.

They are exactly the same.  They have the same words on the back--our son's first name, chosen by my husband and me, and our son's middle name, chosen by his birth mother.  Beneath this special name is a special date, Levi's birth date, a day that changed both our lives and hers forever.  I will be placing the same picture inside both of these necklaces--a picture our son.

One locket, I will keep.  I will wear it when I meet Levi for the first time.  He will grow up seeing it, playing with it around my neck, tracing the letters on the back.  And I will tell him, "Your first mommy...your Taiwan mommy, she has this same necklace too, with the same picture, the same words."

One day, if or when Levi chooses to marry, I hope to let his bride take this down the aisle with her...either has her "something old," "something borrowed" or "something blue."  Perhaps she will tie it around her bouquet, and when she does, know that as she walks down the aisle a small part of Taiwan, and a big part of Levi's life, is with her.

We don't know if we will get to meet Levi's mother, but if we do, I hope to get a picture of her and I wearing our lockets together.  In some ways, we have so little in common...and yet...we also share so much.
 
Much love,
Blessed Mama

Please join us in prayer that we will receive our decrees soon!  This mama is ready to TRAVEL!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

How beautiful! That is such a special idea. :)

Michelle Zach Miller on August 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM said...

Thanks for making me cry.... :)

Jennifer Wayman said...

Beautiful! What a special gift for her. So thoughtful. She's going to love it!

Naomi Rice on August 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM said...

Oh I love the necklace and the idea!!! So amazing! I think ( if u don't mind) I will use that same idea!! It's so wonderful!!

Future Mama on August 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM said...

Thank you Jennifer!!! We really hope to meet her.

Future Mama on August 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM said...

Awww....Michelle!! you are so sweet. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries when reading blog posts....all...the...time ;-)

Future Mama on August 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM said...

Thank you Katie!! You are so sweet.

Robin said...

What a beautiful locket and a beautiful sentiment to go with it. I hope you get a chance to meet Levi's birth mother.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful gift and plan for the future with the locket. I am sure Levi's birthmother will treasure it forever.

Lauren said...

That is beautiful! What a great idea!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez