Friday, August 3, 2012

A Taste of Summer: Bubble Tea and Gardening

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
August...really...is it already August?!  This summer has flown.  What a wonderful season this has been.  It's hard for me to believe that this was our last "just the two of us" summer.  We packed a lot in!  One local adventure we enjoyed was sampling bubble tea for the first time. 

Bubble tea is a Taiwanese specialty, consisting of flavored tea and small chewy tapioca balls.  See them in the straw? 

Oh how I wanted to love bubble tea.  I tried to convince myself that the tapioca tasted like gummy bears, but less sweet.  I tried to focus on the strawberry flavor I selected, and not the tea portion.  But alas...not only did I not enjoy it...being a novice at tea drinking, I forgot that tea contains caffeine...which caused me to lie awake in bed until 3 am.   I'll give it another go in Taiwan, I suppose!  But for now...no thank you ;-)


We've also been enjoying the fruits of our labor garden and I discovered the best pasta sauce EVER!  Seriously, here is the link.  If you have a garden that is over-producing, give this a whirl...especially with the roasted tomatoes.  I froze half of what I made and am already dreaming about it.

I also made bread and butter zucchini pickles...with less success, I think.  I tasted one right before the boiling process and it was terrible.  Hopefully they will be better once they sit for awhile...otherwise...I have 9 jars of inedible pickles.

And there you have it, a taste of our summer!  
It will be interesting to see what next year brings.
This is what I am dreaming about for next summer...
Not Levi ;-) {source}
{source}
Much love,
Blessed Mama


1 comments:

Kate Clayton on August 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM said...

I hear ya.  I wasn't a fan of bubble tea either.  Even in Taiwan.  :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez