Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A waiter named Levi

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
For Father's Day, I bought my husband a gift card to one of his favorite restaurants: Cracker Barrel.  Usually, Cracker Barrel is a vacation stop for us on long road trips, but since we didn't take any of those this summer, it's been quite a while since we have enjoyed the taste of this place.

After perusing the collection of quirky items in the shop, we were seated at a table.  Our waiter's name?  None other than Levi.  He was funny, kind, handsome, and attentive to all our culinary needs.  Every time he left, my husband and I would whisper and giggle.  How funny that for his Father's Day meal (eaten weeks after that date) we would have a waiter with the same name as our son!

When we said our goodbyes to Levi, he handed us the receipt.  On the back, he had written this:


This was the first time I had ever received a verse written on a receipt.  As soon as we got home we looked up Psalm 43:5.  It reads:

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God. 


These words hit me particularly, for all day I had been worrying, wondering, and writing this post on the difficulties of waiting.  Put your hope in God...what comfort I believe it brings...for I will yet praise him...in the easy times and the hard times...my Savior and my God...Amen.

Much love,
Blessed Mama

Please join us in praying for our first court appointment, coming up on July 25th!  ONE WEEK AWAY!  This isn't a travel date for us, but an important step, so join us in prayers for a smooth appointment and a speedy process from this date forward.     

2 comments:

Katie said...

Such a great verse for this time of waiting! I hope that you have great news at this time next week. :)

Jessicamumford said...

This is so awesome! It has God written all over it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez