Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Putting together the crib

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
Wow.

We have a crib in our "guest bedroom."  Levi's room.  This is becoming more and more real every day!

My mom let us know as soon as we got our referral that she would be happy to purchase the crib and changing table for us, as her baby gift.  We spent quite a bit of time looking before we decided on the Graco Somerset Convertible Crib and Dressing Table (in Espresso) from Target.  So far, we love it!  Putting it together though...what an adventure...

Haley, the cat, helping open the box
Haley really loved the box and ties
Pieces of the changing table
Future Papa unpacking the changing table
Future Papa realizing how complicated assembling the dressing table would be, telling me to stop taking pictures and start being more helpful!  In his words, "In order to be a lovely assistant, you have to assist...and be lovely."
Dressing table done! On to the crib.
Our nursery theme is going to be "Colorful with a hint of Dinosaur."  If you keep up with my pinterest boards, you will have seen our crib sheet already.

from here
Here it is coming together in the room! {ignore the mess on the bed, I haven't put away the gifts from our surprise baby shower yet}






I still have many more projects to complete, but this is a huge step!  Let the fun continue as we wait!

Much love,
Blessed Mama

Nursery posts so far:  Wall art inspiration from pinterest, tree art I made, some early thoughts on possibilities, and personalized art for the walls.

5 comments:

Pamela on June 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM said...

yay!

Blogging for Adoption said...

Looks great! :)

Katrina D Lucas on June 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM said...

Exciting! I love the dinosaur Theme!

Dong Ni Yang said...

Love the crib and the bedding! I remember when I first put up my sons crib it made everything seem so close and real!

Katie said...

Looks great! I've started making a list of the stuff to do and to get before we travel. How did you come up with a list for the registry? I'm trying to figure out what we will need besides the obvious (bed, carseat etc).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez