- Spring 2010: Began to pray about adoption
- Fall 2010: Joined the founding committee of a local adoption ministry
- December 2010: Began researching countries
- January 2011: Launch Blog (To read our first post, CLICK HERE)
- January 6, 2011: Send first e-mail to His Hands, Taiwan
- February 2011: We officially pick Taiwan (CLICK HERE to read about why)
- March 2011: We launch Leaves of Love (to see our first post about it...click here)
- March 19, 2011: Submit application to a Taiwanese orphanage, His Hands Taiwan
- April 20, 2011: Unofficially accepted by His Hands, Taiwan
- May 4, 2011: Officially accepted by His Hands, Taiwan!
- May 7, 2011: Announcing Adoption via bracelet, postcard, and video begins!
- wait for about seven months...moving up the list until we are close enough to begin paperwork (most of our paperwork is only good for a year, so if you start it too early, you have to complete costly updates)
- December 13, 2011: His Hands tells us to begin our home study because we are near the top of the list for a referral!
- January 7, 2012: First Home Study Meeting
- January 19, 2012: Second Home Study Meeting
- February 5, 2012: Final Home Study Meeting
- March 1, 2012: Home Study Complete, we are approved, file for I600A
- March 23, 2012: Complete Biometrics Appointment (early!)
- April 2, 2012: Receive Favorable determination from USCIS
- April 17, 2012: Adoption is FULLY FUNDED!
- April 20, 2012: Get adoption documents notarized, Secretary of State certified, and copied
- April 21, 2012: Put all documents in mail to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office
- April 27, 2012: Documents back from TECO
A year ago today, I was working on these announcements:
What will the next year bring?? Should be exciting...hopefully I will be making another type of announcement very soon...