Friday, May 18, 2012

On Faith and Uncertainty

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
On Wednesday May 16, His Hands officially submitted our paperwork to court.

For months we completed pages and pages of forms.  We drove to countless offices for signatures, courthouses for stamps, government buildings for seals.  All those hours, those frustrations, those tears, all for this moment.

Some days I thought this would never happen.  International adoption laws are changing in Taiwan and how those changes will affect adoptions is uncertain.  Rumors flew and continue to fly through the wavelengths of the internet and so much is yet to be decided.  One such bit of information we heard was that the new laws will require adoptive parents to be over the age of 30.  My husband and I are not.  Is this true?  I am not entirely sure.  It is possible.  Only time will tell.  And so, we prayed, we worried, and we increasingly gave this adoption, and our future as parents to a Taiwanese child, over to God.  The new laws, we heard, would take affect this summer.  We began to prepare our hearts for the possibility that we would need a new adoption plan.  We might be starting completely over. 

And then we received a referral for a beautiful baby boy.  We quickly gathered up the remainder of our paperwork, signed the contracts, and mailed them off.  His Hands received them, reviewed them, and submitted them to the Taiwanese government.  Our case is now officially in court, waiting for it's first hearing.  Which means that our case will fall under the jurisdiction of the current laws.  We will be judged not by the incoming uncertainties, whenever they will begin.  I write in complete and total awe of how this has fallen together. 

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
Psalm 36:5

I also write knowing that many families are still in this world of uncertainty.  International adoption laws, in many countries, change quickly and with little warning.  Many families do have to start completely over on new journeys of adoption.  I pray for you and with you.  With this referral, I have not forgotten.  All I know, is that after all the waiting, all the tears, hopefully you will get a video like this one day. 

video

And you will know, as I now know, it is ALL worth it.

Much love,
Blessed Mama

P.S. I will be out of town all next week without blogging access.  Be back in a week!

3 comments:

Aubrey S. on May 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM said...

It took everything within me not to squeal outloud in my office just now. I'm so excited that you are so close. Congrats!

Katie said...

Yay for court submission! It is such a testimony of God's faithfulness!

Michelle Zach Miller on May 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM said...

You won a Liebster on my blog.... check it out :)

 http://lifeincary.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez