Friday, May 11, 2012

Getting the Referral

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
{for those of you who missed Wednesday's big announcement, see it here!}

I have prayed for this child, 
and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  
So now I give him to the Lord. 
1 Samuel 1:27-28

Late Sunday night I sat at my computer, proof-reading the paper I was writing.  Satisfied that it was complete, I looked at the clock.  1 am. I clicked onto the internet to e-mail a copy of the paper to myself, so I could print out from my office computer in the morning.  1 new e-mail.  Preparing to delete what I thought would be a junk e-mail, I clicked on the tab.  Referral for Adoption. A tiny little paperclip appeared next to the words, indicating that there was an attachment.  I left the computer and ran up the stairs to wake up a slumbering Future Papa.

 

Every good and perfect gift is from above. 
James 1:17

"We got a referral!"  I shook him awake.  We came back down the stairs, pulled another chair over to my laptop, and clicked on the message:

On May 4th you had officially been on our waiting list for one full year, this is a long time to wait and we know that God has worked in your life and refined you in ways that you never imagined during this time.  We are thrilled that the day has finally come when we can send you the good news that we are referring a sweet baby to you.

Together, we read the first little details about our son.  His name.  His birthday.  His story.  We laughed, we prayed, we hugged.  We have a son!

And taking a child, he set him in the midst of them. Whom when he had embraced, he saith to them: Whosoever shall receive one such child as this in my name, receiveth me. And whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. 
Mark 9:36-37

We clicked on the attachment to see the pictures--but they didn't appear!  I immediately e-mailed His Hands, asking if they could send them in another format.  Future Papa tried to figure out another way to get them to open. After about 30 minutes, I decided to quickly take my shower.  Of course, as soon as I had conditioner in my hair Future Papa was banging on the bathroom door.  The first picture we received was one of a baby held by his first mother.  We really couldn't see much of him, but we did see her, looking lovingly down at a little bundle in her arms.  She is so beautiful and this picture will be invaluable to us.  After so many hours of prayer that our adoption could be an open one, our first picture included her.  It's amazing the way God works.


“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.”
Psalm 100:1

 Soon, a second picture came through.

The following morning, we received three more.

All day Tuesday we called family and friends, sharing our news.  I could not wipe the grin off my face.  We chose a name.

Levi.

It means "joined in harmony" and fit beautifully with the name his first mother gave him, which we will be using as his middle name.  Our little Levi.

And on Tuesday night, we received yet another beautiful, wonderful gift.  Looking forward to sharing it with you all on Monday!

Much love,
Blessed Mama

P.S.  Interested in giving to a wonderful ministry?  His Hands is collecting donations for some much needed items.  Go "shopping" here and if you see something you would like to donate towards, please email Sara at sara.hatcher08@gmail.com and let her know how much you would like to donate and which item you would like it to go towards. She will give you all the instructions on how to make the donation. Your donation will be tax deductible and made securely through His Hands!!  All donations need to be made before June 1, 2012.  Little Levi and his friends will LOVE you for it!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Awwww! How sweet! :) That is so cool that you were up to get the email so early in the morning. :) I am sure you will remember that paper fondly. :p

Jana Langebartels said...

Just wanted to comment and let you know that we are so excited for your family - congratulations! Been following your journey and loved reading this great news. (We have a 3 month old and now are currently in the middle of our own adoption journey....God is so good.)

Sarah C said...

I am beyond over joyed for you all!  Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! So precious! So excited for you!!!

Dawn Ver Hague on May 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM said...

I don't comment often, but I'm always here reading.  Congratulations on your precious baby Levi!!!  I cried when I read you previous post.  You are going to be a great mom!!!

Kathleen W on May 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM said...

Aww so happy for you guys! I'm blessed to have followed this journey from the beginning. Can't wait til it's mine turn in a few years :-) Many prayers to get little Levi home now- how soon?

Emily said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I've been reading your blog since you were posted on Better After...Happy 1st Mother's Day! Our God is truly amazing, steady, and unchanging.

April Chism said...

Just beautiful.  So happy for your little family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez