Friday, March 30, 2012

Taipei 101

Posted by Angie at 7:05 AM
Lately, I have been doing a lot of dreaming about our trip to Taiwan.  While our number one priority will be loving on and bonding with our child, we also hope to enjoy some of the cultural experiences of the country while we are there!  One that we are extremely excited about is the Taipei 101 tower.  Over 1,600 feet tall, this building is a treasured skyscraper of Taiwan.  It has 101 above-ground floors and was the tallest tower in the world from 2004-2010.  It also has one of the world's fastest elevators, going up 84 floors in 37 seconds!  I can't wait...my wary-of-heights-husband, however, is not quite as thrilled as me.  

For my fellow families adopting from Taiwan (or those who are planning a vacation), here is a great website with all sorts of tips for visiting the tower.

But for now, let's enjoy a virtual vacation, shall we?
{source}
{source}
{source}
Happy Friday!

Much love,
Future Mama

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't believe you get to go there :) I'm expecting pictures...and I was thinking a lovely little set of chopsticks would make a great Friends For Adoption gift...I'M JUST SAYING!!!!!!!

Brookewww.MarvelousLoveBlog.com

Rebecca Lee on April 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM said...

I loved 101! We had a gorgeous day so we could see pretty far. (I'm pretty sure we experienced the only sunny day Taipei had seen in months.) I'm not big on heights but it didn't bother me at all.

April Chism said...

It is incredible!  I'm so glad we were able to see it.  It was still the tallest building in the world when we were there, now it's #2, I think.  I'm afraid of heights and it wasn't too bad.  The observation floor isn't at the top anyway, it's on the 89th floor.  The elevator is pretty cool.  I think the Taiwan Handicraft Mart is not too far from Taipei 101, and it is a huge building, 5 floors full of stuff, from one dollar to thousands, and they're all made in Taiwan (I believe.)  Great place for souvenirs and gifts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez