Monday, March 26, 2012

Our Registry!

Posted by Angie at 7:25 AM
Our exciting news about the biometrics appointment interrupted my scheduled "trip update" posts last week!  Time to get back to business,  because I have one more little baby update that I just have to blog about...we set up our registry!


I went back and forth about setting up a registry.  People have been so wonderful, supporting us with donations for our adoption and our paperwork, that part of me felt like setting up a registry would be greedy.  We are so blessed and I think I can do wonders setting up a nursery with garage sale finds and craigslist purchases, I think!  But after being asked by multiple people if we had one, and on the advice of my mother (who pointed out that my grandparents and relatives who lived many miles from us would appreciate a registry), we decided to set one up at Target.  This is our first child, after all, so if anything it was just one little way to remind us that the paperwork, the worry, and the waiting was actually leading to something...a baby who needs a car seat, bath toys, and a video camera (well...his or her parents' need a video camera to document all those embarrassing moments for future significant others)!!

We still haven't announced our adoption to our places of employment, and don't plan to until after a referral, so registering in our home town would have been a bit risky.  While I have been up and down those baby aisles more times that I can count, it's a little easier to say "oh, I'm shopping for a friend" when you run into someone you know.  Can't really say that when you have a registry gun in your hand ;-)  So, one night on our business trip/getaway we went ahead and set up the registry!

And let me tell you, I was excited.  Are we really going to be parents??
Holding the "new mommy" welcome bag they give you

Future Papa with his registry gun...do all men love those things or what?!
Our registry certainly isn't complete, but it's enough to get us started and excited.  Is this the week we get a referral so I can start picking out pink or blue?

Much love,
Future Mama

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Wahooo! So glad you shared this :)

Brookewww.MarvelousLoveBlog.com

Heather @ Sneakers Of Faith said...

Yay! Sooo exciting!

Katie Lindsey on March 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM said...

How fun! Looks like we won't get a referral until June, so we will have to wait on the registry. :(

Future Mama on March 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM said...

 Thanks Brooke :-)

Future Mama on March 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM said...

 Love the excitement Heather :-) Thank you!!

Future Mama on March 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM said...

 Oh no Katie!  I was wondering but haven't gotten a chance to write yet.  June will be an exciting month then ;-)  For now, you can at least look into the basics...like strollers, diaper pails, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez