Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lighting a Candle

Posted by Angie at 7:15 AM
While most of last week's trip was for work, Future Papa and I did mange to squeeze in a little fun!  On our way, we explored New Orleans for the afternoon.  What a neat town!  We visited the Saint Louis Cathedral.

It was as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside.  Near the altar we lit a candle for our future baby and his or her birth mother, stopping to say a special little prayer just for them.

I also ate enough beignets for the three of us ;-)

As we walked around that beautiful day, I reflected often on our flickering candle, and wondered...has our baby been born?

Much love,
Future Mama

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Remember my candle lighting post?

http://www.marvelousloveblog.com/2011/04/sticky-notes-candles.html

We still light a candle for Addie and for her birth mother whenever we have the opportunity. 

Praying with you that your little one is here soon!

Brooke
www.MarvelousLoveBlog.com

Gapeyton said...

I see you visited the Big Easy!  My home town :)  Hope you enjoyed it...NOLA is one of a kind!!

Nicole Jennings said...

I'm pretty sure we sat at that same table :) Praying for you guys too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez