Friday, February 3, 2012

One more visit

Posted by Angie at 10:26 AM
Just swinging in to say that Sunday is the day for our last home study visit, the in home visit, and I'm not perfect yet!  Have you seen that article?  It's hilarious.  Here's how it starts:

The social worker is due in a few hours. We're basically ready. I mean, we've cleaned this house like nobody's business. And we've put rock salt all over the driveway so she won't slip. I was going to make applesauce so the house would have the warm, welcoming smell of cinnamon. But now I'm thinking I should bake bread instead. Or how about a fire in the fireplace? The smell of a fire definitely says: Home.

But what is the smell of Parent? More specifically, what is the smell of Good Parent Material? The social worker is coming to consider us. She's coming to our house today to do a 'home study,' step one in the adoption procedure... 


Here is the rest of the article.  It's a wonderful read.  And it sums up my fluttering emotions.  Except instead of ice, we have a hyper dog that I just know is going to jump on her, and instead of applesauce, we are baking cookies.  Yikes!

Much love,
Future Mama

3 comments:

megan @ Restoringtheroost said...

I hope it goes well for you- I'm sure you will do great! 

Katie Lindsey on February 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM said...

Yay! You are almost done!

Katie Lindsey on February 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM said...

Praying for you today! I'm sure it will go wonderfully! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez