Monday, February 13, 2012

November Date (and a bit more)

Posted by Angie at 7:11 AM
Adoption involves a lot of waiting!  To help pass the time, I planned 12 dates for my husband and I.  Some are goofy, some are sweet, all are inexpensive (many are free).  So far we have enjoyed our adventures, in our August date, September date, October date, December date, and January Date!  November's date still needed to happen...and finally did!

November was an incredibly busy month for us.  Unfortunately, our date for that month got lost in the hustle and bustle.  Better late than never, though!  This was the date card I created for November.
Our dollar theater (actually a $2 theater) was playing The Muppets on Friday night.  Future Papa's older brother said this new version was hilarious, so we decided to give it a try.  We enjoyed it!  Sometimes there is nothing more fun then sitting in a theater and listening to kids laugh their heads off.  They have no inhibitions--their laughs are so loud--and it makes everything so much more hilarious!

Afterwards, we went to Tar*get and wandered through the baby section.  After this news and this picture, what can I say, I have babies on the mind!  Another one of the mothers just updated her blog about their referral...meet their new little boy.
You can see a lot more pictures of him on their announcement post!
And now we really wait, remembering that faith in God means having faith in His timing.  I did the math, and there is a slim possibility that if we get a referral in the next month, that we could travel this summer.  That, my friends, would be a HUGE blessing, since I work in a university that runs on a semester system.  Future Papa could return to work and I would have zero obligations (during the semester I would get some maternity leave, but would still have some obligations to keep up with via e-mail, meetings, etc).  A friend of mine recently posted this verse on her face*book page:

Be brave. Be strong.  Don't give up.  Expect God to come through soon. Psalm 31:24

We wait in hope and trust.  But I remind myself that my definition of "soon" and God's might not be the same.  His plans will be better than mine.

Much love,
Future Mama

P.S.  His Hands has a HUGE need to be met.  I'll be blogging about it at some point, but this post says it so well that I can't think of what else I would add right now.  Read the post or this newsletter from His Hands and re-post it, if you feel led.  Here is a direct link to donate to His Hands.

2 comments:

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest on February 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM said...

Prayers for God's timing.  I have the same thought process as you.  I'm hoping to travel before the summer so I can go back to work in the fall if he's adjusted.  It's so hard to remember that I'm not in control!

Lesliekirk6 said...

Thanks for sharing in our joy!!  You will have your referral before you know it and who knows, maybe we'll travel at the same time!  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez