Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My sentimental Valentine's Day gift

Posted by Angie at 7:02 AM
I hope everyone had a special Valentine's Day yesterday!  As his gift for me, Future Papa cleaned the house this past weekend and is cooking ALL the meals this week!  He even made my lunches (pasta and broccoli with Parmesan cheese).  YUM!  What a man.

For my gift, I decided to make something.  Remember the Jesse tree I made?  Well, I had purchased an extra box of ornaments, in case I needed them.  I didn't need them for the tree, but I became inspired to make something else with them!  Each ornament is filled with something sentimental from our wedding day.  Shall we take a walk down memory lane?

I filled the first ornament with beads from my wedding dress.

The second ornament contains some of my "something old," which is beads from my Great Grandmother's wedding dress.  I had planned to wear them as an anklet, but when we attempted to slip it over my ankle just hours before the wedding, it broke!  So instead, my maid of honor tied them to my bouquet to my "something borrowed" (Future Papa's baby bible).

The third ornament contained fabric petals that our flower girl scattered on the aisle.  Or, rather, was supposed to drop down the aisle.  She was so focused on getting to her spot at the front of the church that she only dropped one...accidentally!  Ha!  She was the cutest little thing.

Alright, ornament number four!  I filled this ornaments with little dazzlers that we used in our reception as decoration.  Instead of flower centerpieces on each table, we had little cakes in our wedding colors, each with a different design!  We had an afternoon wedding.

For the fifth ornament, I reached just past our May wedding day to our first married summer, when we worked at a wilderness summer camp out west.  Let me tell you, it was an adventure!  Camping, hiking, backpacking, sleeping under the stars every night.  Also...no indoor plumping, rare showers, and, for me, a constant sunburn.  Not many newlyweds choose to spend their first summer taking care of kids, but we loved it!  It was an adventurous summer that we will never forget.  I'll have to tell you more about it later.  But for this post, for the ornament, I put a piece of a love note Future Papa wrote me while we were there.

 The last ornament contains a piece of fabric that is an inside joke between Future Papa and I.  It's an embarrassing story.  And that's all I'm gonna tell you!  ;-)

I put the 6 ornaments back in the container they came in and wrapped them up for Future Papa.  

I love that every Christmas, we will have these happy memories to hang on the tree.  Before, all these objects sat in a box.  Now, we can enjoy them every year!  What did Future Papa think?  He liked them!  I don't think he was quite as in love with them as I am, but it definitely was a positive reaction.

This was a fun, easy little project!  And it is easy to tweak!  You could fill ornaments with mementos from family vacations, pictures, or childhood memories.  Ahhh, memory lane.  Hope you all had a day filled with love yesterday!

Much love,
Future Mama

P.S.  His Hands, our orphanage, is waiting on a miracle!  Read about it in this newsletter and please re-post it, if you feel led.  And here is a direct link to donate to His Hands.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow what a GREAT idea!! I am definitely pinning this for a future project! :)

Kelsey Park said...

Great Idea!! And what a beautiful bride you were! :)

Waseem200846 said...

Gift that has sentimental value is the best for valentine...you come up with best gift.
gift pakistan
Hank Hendricks has been a student at the University of New Hampshire- Whittmore School of Business and Economics. At the university he was a very active participant in the student researcher group.

Abdul5437 said...

Awesome and great idea you give i appreciate you and like you ideas to gift to your friends .

aqsa said...

How pretty the wedding dress and a wedding cake is

send gifts to Pakistan

gifts to Pakistan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez