Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL Story

Posted by Angie at 7:00 AM
So, it's no secret that I love my "Friend for Adoption" partner Brooke.

 
This old post of mine describes how God crossed our paths (via blogging) and this one is about our meeting in real life!  Well, I am a puddle of tears telling you that SHE GOT HER REFERRAL!

God led Brooke and her husband on such a beautiful journey!  A couple of weeks ago, Broke and I talked about a situation in Florida with a pregnant woman in need of an adoptive family, and she asked me to pray over it.  So I did, because that is what we do, we pray for one another.  Last week, I received a text from Brooke informing me that this mother was having pregnancy complications.  The baby girl was born, months early.  So I prayed some more.  And Brooke prayed too, while waiting to see if this was to be HER little girl.  And we prayed some more, more, and more.  This post she wrote, titled The moments that will live forever, is perhaps one of the most moving pieces I have ever read.  The next one, I didn't buy the milk, is just as powerful.  She is such an inspiration, a story of faith, a story of stepping out in fear, a story of trust.  Today, she is driving to Florida.  Brooke and her husband are about to become parents!!

If that's not enough, let me tell you about last night.  Last night, as they drove, Brooke and I spoke on the phone, and I found out just where in Florida she was heading.  She was heading to my hometown.  No joke.  The town I grew up in, until we moved to the "real" South my sophomore year of high school.  Brooke and her husband were driving to the town where I learned how to drive.  Where I went on my first date.  Where my mother still lives.  Where I visited over Christmas.  Where I walked along the beach just two months ago. 

As I drove through that town, as I walked on that beach, as I went out to eat just two months ago while visiting...in that same town, there was a woman.  I probably didn't see her as we whirled around town.  What would be the odds of that, it's a decent sized town, right?!  But maybe, maybe I did.  This woman, the woman who gave birth to Brooke's daughter, was also walking around, pregnant in the same town.  Wow.  As if God couldn't give us more of a sign that Brooke was meant to be in my life.  

And now, Brooke's story, her story of motherhood, begins today....

...when for the very first time...

...a very tiny baby will be placed in her arms...

...and will be her daughter.

Much love,
Future Mama

7 comments:

Natalie on February 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM said...

That's so sweet. I wish her the best of luck. :)

Elisabeth Schaap said...

SOOOO excited for Brooke!!!!!!

SassyAgapi on February 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM said...

Very cool.

desiree on February 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM said...

I read that on her blog yesterday and started praising the LORD!!! How amazing :) 

Heather said...

YAY!! That is SOOO WONDERFUL!!!!!

Kathleen W on February 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM said...

Isn't God awesome? I love how He weaves our lives together. Your baby is coming soon! Can't wait for that story to unfold.

Cherish on February 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM said...

I just got goosebumps on top of goosebumps reading this story.  God works in ways that are mysterious to us, but not to Him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez