Friday, January 6, 2012

"Your world's about to turn upside down..."

Posted by Angie at 7:02 AM
That's what my doctor said to me as he walked out the door on Wednesday.  He was halfway into the hall when he turned around.  "Your world's about to turn upside down," he smirked before walking off to his next patient.  A comprehensive health examination is required for our home study.  Our doctor is an older gentleman, in his 60s, I suppose, and I think I was his first adoptive health check.  He also informed me that I was also the first patient of the day under the age of 80!  That made me feel slightly better about the comment the receptionist had made when she filed my forms.  "You don't look old enough to be married!"  A compliment, true, but an odd comment to respond to when one is filling out a form to become a parent.

And tomorrow, we meet our social worker at a coffee shop at 10am.  Seems simple enough, but whew, it makes my heart skip a beat!  I may or may not have already looked at their menu online (I don't drink coffee) to figure out what I might order, so I don't have to waste a minute staring blankly at the board when we arrive.

As for deciding what to wear, you can only imagine the process that has been for someone who over-thinks things as much as me!  What is the proper mix of "we are ready to be parents" but "we are still young and fashionable" yet "we don't waste all our money on clothes?"  Ha, I'll try to remember to let you know what that perfect outfit is on Monday.  Until then...say a little prayer at 10am tomorrow to soothe our nerves!

Much love,
Future Mama

10 comments:

Katie Lindsey on January 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM said...

Yay for the first home study visit! Our only one was at our house, so I worried more about if the house was clean than about what I was wearing. :) I'm sure they've seen the entire spectrum of clothing choices by prospective parents, so don't stress. :)

Natalie on January 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM said...

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Just remember to be yourself.  You're going to be a great mamma. :D You're life is going to change but it is a positive change.

Future Mama on January 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM said...

Thanks Katie!  You are so right.

Future Mama on January 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM said...

Great advice Natalie :-)  SO true!

Future Mama on January 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM said...

Great advice Natalie :-)  SO true!

SassyAgapi on January 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM said...

I'm an over-thinker too, but you can't go wrong with a black top & a khaki skirt or pants. Good luck, it'll go great I'm sure.

Laura Davis said...

I'll be praying for you for sure!!! I actually already have. I'm sure you'll look great! A Funky scarf/ earings are always great to wear with a more "I'm going to be a parent- more conservative outfit." - Just a thought. Have fun and know that God's got the conversation already planned out! Matthew 6:25
[ Do Not Worry ] “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?

Brooke said...

You are loved and prayed for! Call me when it's over!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.com

wrightfamilyusa said...

He he he.....too cute!  You make me giggle :) 
Oh on our 9th adoption......don't even think about it anymore.  I remember those days though in the beginning.  Oh sooo nervous and everything was crazy new, and I was much younger too.

Holly Mellom said...

I know how time consuming it can be to adopt a child. We were actually foster parents to a sibling group of 4 (the youngest being 2 weeks old from the hospital, and oldest being 8). When we found out they were going up for adoption we jumped for it. These were our first set of foster kids, and they would be our last. We did not want to let them go. Our adoption process took just under 4 years. The kids had to stay in the state that was doing the adoption, and by that time, my husband had moved to another state for work, and the plan was that we were going to move with him just after a couple of months. Nope- didn't happen. In almost 4 years, my husband and I spent about 9 months of that together, when we would come up for holidays, and school breaks. Anyway- Im off my topic, lol. I do that a lot. :-)

I will keep reading up on your blog and following your story. I hope your day comes soon where you can hold your child in your arms. Keep your head up.

New follower too!
livelaughloveandeverythinginthemiddle.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez