Monday, January 30, 2012

January Date

Posted by Angie at 7:16 AM
Adoption involves a lot of waiting!  To help pass the time, I planned 12 dates for my husband and I.  Some are goofy, some are sweet, all are inexpensive (many are free).  So far we have enjoyed four adventures, in our August date, September date, October date, and December date!  November's date still needs to happen...that was a busy month!

January!  A time of New Year's Resolutions.  How's that going for everyone?  I had resolutions on the mind when I created this fun date for my husband and I back in July.  On the first of this month, Future Papa opened his date card envelope and found this inside.

After we finished giggling about the various exercise cartoons I found online (just do a search for "exercise cartoons" and hundreds come up), we looked at our calendars and planned the date, which would consist of exercising together and then getting some smoothies.

This past Saturday, we drove to a nearby park we had never visited before, bringing our dog Dasher with us.  Future Papa and I walked, chatted, and tried to teach our beloved pup not to jump on people as they jogged by.  He just gets so excited!  Then, we jogged a little, walked some more, and really enjoyed our morning in the sunshine.  After about an hour of exercise, we dropped Dasher off at home and picked up two of our favorite smoothies.  Yum!

We really enjoyed our little January date!  Another weekend gone, another weekend closer to our first child!

Much love,
Future Mama

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like your date was definitely Dasher approved! 

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.com

desiree on January 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM said...

you are too cute!

Maria on January 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM said...

What a fantastic idea!!  I SO love it!!  I totally wanna steal it. Hee, hee. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez