Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Swap

Posted by Angie at 7:01 AM
Friends for Adoption is a "buddy system" that links adopting families together so that they can encourage each other through the twists and turns of the process.  Each month, you and your Friend send and receive encouragements (with a $15.00 limit) in the mail.  This post is about my gift to Brooke.  Even though my husband and I are saving up for our own adoption, we believe we should support others financially, with prayer, and with encouragement as we are able.  Find out more about Friends for Adoption, including how to sign up, here.  

A year ago today, I started this blog with this post.  We had thought about adopting and prayed about adopting for months.  I read the blogs, saw a sign, and researched agencies.  And on January 1, 2011, we took the first public step forward on our journey and decided to not wait anymore.  In some ways, it feels like it was just days ago.  In others, it's hard to believe it has only been a year.  And what a year it has been!  We decided on Taiwan, found an agency that was a perfect fit for us, made an adoption video and told our folksfounded Leaves of Love, cheered as unwanted babies found homes, and cried for all those who have not.  Flipping though my old posts linked in the toolbar on the right, I am reminded of what God has done for us so far and how He continues to guide us through this journey.  One of the things he has done is brought Brooke and Friends for Adoption into my life for love, support, and encouragement!   

So for December, I wanted to find something extra special, and the internet did not let me down!  Meet Say your Piece, a store that makes personalized and custom ceramics.  After searching through the beautiful items in the store, I found something perfect for my purposes.  Eileen, the sweet woman who creates these pieces, happily customized it for me and mailed it straight to Brooke.  Here it is!  


Hopefully this ornament will be a happy reminder to Brooke and her husband of their last Christmas as "just the two of us."  And in the years to come, their future daughter can hang it on the tree and remember just how much she was loved even before they knew who she was.

Brooke was just as thoughtful in her gift to me got something for my entire family!  Skip over to her blog to see all the little goodies!

Also, this post is a reminder to all of you involved in Friends for Adoption...it's now December!  Which means you have 2 weeks to get your encouraging gift/letter/package of smiles ($15 or less) in the mail to your Friend!

Much love,
Future Mama

Want to catch up on our past swaps?  Need some gift ideas?  Here's the July's swap, August swap, September swap, October Swap, and November Swap!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

As always...LOVE LOVE LOVE our swaps and LOVE having you in our lives! God knows what He's doing!

Brookewww.TheAnnessaFamily.com

Aubrey Shaw on January 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

I just wanted to let you know that your blog has been an blessing to me in the last year. We're not yet to the point where we know for sure if adoption is path for us, but your journey has really inspired me as we continue to have the conversation about when to bring a baby (biological or adoptive) into our family.

Jena said...

Yes I agree so beautiful gift.. Happy New Year..


unsecured bad credit loans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez