Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When to start the nursery prep?

Posted by Angie at 7:18 AM
When is it time to start creating a child's bedroom in an adoption?

I have not been working on the nursery.

And it's not because I don't want to work on it, because I do.  At least, I think I do.  Maybe.  I think my biggest hesitation is related to quiet fear and nagging doubt.  Right now, we have a cozy guest room/office and our bedroom, complete, decorated, and serving their respective purposes.  Will an empty room, ready for a baby, make me sad when I walk by?  Or will I be excited to see this physical reminder of the adoption process in our home?

I think I am going to start soon.  I will start moving around furniture at least.  This will be my Christmas gift to myself, to allow myself to shift furniture and let the reality of our adventure to parenthood become a bit more real.  I will dream a little more, prepare a little more, and make a little more room in my heart (and home) for our first child.  I will make a little more room for hope.

But, while we are still in the dreaming stage, I'll share some inspiration I have found for the walls (all from my pinterest boards).

 



Much love,
Future Mama

Want to see all the nursery plans?  Here is some tree art for the room and here are some early thoughts on possibilities.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I can honestly say it doesn't bother me to have the room painted and to have some stuff in there for her. However, we're ordering the crib (AHHH) so...I'm assuming THAT could make things a little more difficult!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Tday said...

Janie's room has the phrase "I knew I loved you before I met you" over her bed!!

desiree on December 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM said...

I can't allow myself to get anything for a room yet.  First because we don't know where he will go - either with our son or daughter.  And second because it would be too painful for me.  After seeing your child's face the waiting is harder & even little reminders set me off sometimes. I think we will start getting stuff together after our first trip :) 

alison on December 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM said...

I am trying to make myself wait until we get a referral to put up the crib!  I think it will make me too sad to see if everyday unless I have cute face to picture in it! :)

Guest said...

We just brought our son home! He is so wonderful and we are so much in love with him. We adopted domestically, so this might be different since our wait time was completely unpredictable. We had to set a nursery up for the home study, but we took things like the crib down once we were approved b/c we thought we would be waiting for at least a year. We ended up waiting only about 3 months, so that was a huge surprise. And we did have to haul the crib out and reassemble it after we brought him home from the hospital, but that turned out for the best since we just put the crib in our room anyhow so that he is right there next to us. 

Also- don't buy lots of baby stuff. We bought the crib and carseat ahead of time, but honestly, we would not have even had to do that. People came out of the woodwork with baby stuff. And people get so excited about new babies and about adoption and they are also just thrilled to find new homes for the baby gear that is hogging their closet space. It sounds like you are going to have some lead time- you'll get a referral and then you'll get travel dates or something, right? So I would wait at least until the referral. Once you get your referral, all of your 
mom-friends will be delighted to kit you out. 

--Tarynkay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez