Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Swap

Posted by Angie at 7:02 AM
Friends for Adoption is a "buddy system" that links adopting families together so that they can encourage each other through the twists and turns of the process.  Each month, you and your Friend send and receive encouragements (with a $15.00 limit) in the mail.  This post is about my gift to Brooke.  Even though my husband and I are saving up for our own adoption, we believe we should support others financially, with prayer, and with encouragement as we are able.  Find out more about Friends for Adoption, including how to sign up, here.  

Happy November!  Time for another Friends for Adoption post!

This month, I got to combine several things that I love.  If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, I think it is pretty clear that I love my Pinterest boards...I have found beautiful pictures of Taiwan, anniversary gift ideashome inspiration, and even free printables for you.  Now they have another purpose...gift shopping!

Brooke also has her own pinterest account, and under her adoption board I noticed that we have a friend in common, Kelly from the Minus 1 Project!  Kelly was one of my very first friends in the adoption world and I am so inspired by her.  She makes the cutest things...and now Brooke has one!

She is now the proud owner of her very own Minus 1 pink key fob.
I am not sure if this is the exact one Brooke received...I had Kelly mail it straight to her!
Super cute, yes?  If you want one, or something else just as awesome, you should check out Kelly's store!  This family is one that I was thrilled to support with my small purchase.  They really are wonderful.

What did Brooke get me?  Hop on over to her blog to find out!

Also, this post is a reminder to all of you involved in Friends for Adoption...it's now November!  Which means you have 2 weeks to get your encouraging gift/letter/package of smiles ($15 or less) in the mail to your Friend!

Much love,
Future Mama

Want to catch up on our past swaps?  Need some gift ideas?  Here's the July's swap, August swap, and September swap

Got an extra minute?  Show some love to some of the other fabulous women who are a part of Friends for Adoption!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

It was that exact one...and I ADORE it! I get so many compliments! You are awesome!!!

Brookewww.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Meredith LaGorga on November 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM said...

What a cute idea!  I need to check out her shop. 

BTW - our online adoption auction is up.  Check out http://ourjourneyhome-lagorga.blogspot.com !  And spread the news if you can.  Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez