Friday, November 18, 2011

Adoption Quotes

Posted by Angie at 9:06 AM
This website has a lot of wonderful quotes, many related to adoption.  Oh how I love them.  Here are a few of my favorites.

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much
-Mother Teresa

I'm only one. But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
-Edward Everett Hale

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it
-Fleur Conkling Heylinger

Once there were two women who never knew each other
One you do not remember, the other you call Mother
Two different lives shaped to make you one
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun
The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it
One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried you tears
 
One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?
Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.
-Unknown

And if that doesn't inspire you, here is another bundle of quotes that I love.  Of course, they are pinned to my pinterest boards.  Because on tough days, we all just need to remember... 

{source}
Much love,
Future Mama

1 comments:

Brooke said...

LOVE that last one. I'm scared to death so...this dream must be a big one!!!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez