Monday, October 17, 2011

Sharing our Testimony

Posted by Angie at 7:03 AM
As I mentioned here, my husband and I are involved in an adoption ministry in our town.  We love the families in the group and the personal support we get from being involved.  So, when they asked us to share our testimony at an adoption conference this past Saturday, we swallowed our public speaking fears and said yes!

Writing our testimony was tough.  It's hard to put so many emotions and thoughts into ten minutes...and in a format that we felt comfortable sharing with a room full of strangers.  The church recorded our talk, so after I listen to it back, maybe I'll post it here.  Maybe ;-)  It was a rush, the time flew, and we are so happy that we shared our story as a young couple adopting without the experience of infertility.  Afterwards, we had some powerful conversations with some other couples contemplating or currently involved in adoptions. 

Because I was a basket of nervousness, I failed to take pictures at the Conference!  I know many others had cameras, so if I see any good pictures (of our Leaves of Love tree in action, for example) I will be sure to post them.  I did annoy force ask Future Papa to join me in a picture taken with my camera's self-timer when we got home, though.


My favorite part of the conference?  It's probably not surprising!  I loved watching all the children playing while we were setting up and breaking down tables and chairs in the church.  Children from all over: internationally adopted, domestically adopted, and non-adopted children playing, laughing, running, and dancing.  It was precious!  I have one more specific story about this, but I'll save that for Wednesday.

Have you ever shared a testimony?  What an experience!

Much love,
Future Mama

5 comments:

Brooke said...

So so happy it went well! I am sure your story blessed so many people as it has for us. 

Brookewww.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

desiree on October 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM said...

yay!  so happy it went well for you.  we have not public shared our story yet with those we don't know.... everyone we know knows about the adoption though.  I think we will share in November at our church for Orphan Sunday. -dez

Future Mama on October 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM said...

Thank you Brooke!

Future Mama on October 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM said...

Thanks Desiree!  Good luck with your testimony sharing in November.  I'm sure you will be wonderful :-)

Jessicamumford said...

Congrats! I've never shared my testimony...maybe someday. :) What a fantastic opportunity to spread the love and be a witness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez