Monday, October 24, 2011

Our October Date

Posted by Angie at 7:15 AM
Adoption involves a lot of waiting!  To help pass the time, I planned 12 dates for my husband and I.  Some are goofy, some are sweet, all are inexpensive (many are free).  So far we have enjoyed two adventures, in our August date and September date!

I couldn't resist.

When planning all the dates,  I made a conscious effort to make them about us and our current relationship, and not about our adoption. But....

After I saw this adorable Asian-inspired date idea, I couldn't resist tweaking it for us!

Here is the date card I placed in the envelope.  
(Click on it and it should get bigger, if you can't read it)

The Chinese symbols on the date card mean I love you...according to google translator.

We decided pretty early on in the month that we would enjoy the "pick-up" option for our Asia-inspired date.  The last time we made dumplings it was pretty time-consuming.  Plus, a new restaurant opened in town that we were excited to try!  So, on Friday night we swung by and ordered a bag full of deliciousness.


Future Papa ordered some chicken fried rice.

While I prepared to enjoy a veggie dish!

At first I thought that they had forgotten the rice.  I probably complained about it for a full five minutes before I realized...it was just in a separate container!  It had been a loooong week.

To top off the relaxing evening of cuddles and cuisine, we watched the latest episode of Up All Night.  Have y'all been watching?  As future first-time parents, we find it hilarious.

Simple and low-key, it was exactly what we needed this month.  Re-reading this post, it sounds even less exciting than it was, ha!  What's your favorite type of low-key date?

Much love,
Future Mama

8 comments:

Robin @ our semi organic life said...

I love that show! Our chill dates are Pretty similar - cook dinner together, maybe something special with appetizers, drinks and dessert and a Netflix or redbox movie at home!

Brooke said...

And now I want to order Chinese food!

Love your date nights and love how much you love each other. Your little one will be blessed to come home to such a loving family!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

desiree on October 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM said...

I have heard that show is good.  So glad you had a good date!  

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest on October 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM said...

Love the date night posts each month.  My hubby's big 30th birthday is coming up and I'm working on 12 dates for him (been thinking about it for a couple of months thanks to you!).  If you have some awesome tips/ideas that you wouldn't mind passing along, feel free to shoot me an e-mail! : )
Great date night!  I love low key dates too-dinner and a Redbox movie for me!

Future Mama on October 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM said...

Yum Robin!  Love it!

Future Mama on October 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM said...

Aww, thanks Brooke :-)

Future Mama on October 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM said...

We actually laugh out loud while watching it, ha!

Future Mama on October 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM said...

Just sent you an e-mail Jennifer :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez