Monday, October 31, 2011

Miscellany Monday: It's a First

Posted by Angie at 7:21 AM
Hi y'all!

Welcome to my first Miscellany Monday!
My thoughts are a bit all over today, so here goes...

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

1. Happy Halloween!  I wish I could say this was my pumpkin, but it's not.  If I had seen this one before we carved ours though, we probably would have copied it.
{source}
2. My friend Erika posted yesterday about the Halloween and Human Rights, which in turn lead me to this post from Rage Against the Minivan.  Something to think about.

3. I am full of prayer for a new little face today.  His Hands, our adoption agency, just put the following picture up on their face*book page, with this caption "In spite of the poor living conditions the baby was clean and beautiful!  This mother clearly put her baby's needs before her own!"  Please join me in praying for God's comfort, peace, and provision for this mother and this child.

4. A reader contacted me about this beautiful little girl who needs a family. 
I don't think I could say it any better than the reader did:  I also feel that the Lord is calling me to adopt - although I have to wait some years because I am still considered to young.  But I despite that I want to start helping NOW. A few days ago I was touched deeply by a little girl on Reece Rainbow (http://reecesrainbow.org/15506/bethany). Her case is unique because she already has a lot of funding but it seems to be very hard for her to find a family (probably because of her rather severe Osteogenesis Imperfecta). I realized that her case is not that much about fundraising but about spreading the word and finding a family that is familiar with OI and as well as interested in adoption. That's why I want to ask you: Could you use your network to spread the word about Bethany?  So, maybe this will lead somewhere...if you know someone able to adopt a precious little girl with special needs, please send them the link above! 

5. Lastly, come back tomorrow for one of my rare Tuesday posts!  Tomorrow is November 1st, so you know what that means....Friends for Adoption update.

How's that for a bit of miscellany?! 

Much love,
Future Mama

6 comments:

Bubblemylicorice on October 31, 2011 at 7:37 AM said...

oh this pumpkin is so happy!

Andrea said...

I will definitely be praying for these babies and all babies who need a home.  My little mama heart is too tender and I just want to take them all in and love on them! What a great thing you're doing.  Hope you have a great day! ~Andrea

erika mosteller said...

Thanks for the shout out. Everytime I come to catch up on your blog, i get teary. I love reading your heart for adoption!!! 

erika mosteller said...

Thanks for the shout out on your blog. Everytime I come over here to catch up on your posts, I get teary. I love reading your heart for adoption. 

Erika said...

Vietnam lets you adopt as young as 21 One of my daughters has already looked in too it.

Caroline said...

I love Miscellany Monday =)! The pumkin looks really happy and I found the link to the post about chocolate very interesting. I am a huge Fairtrade supporter.
And thanks again for advocating for sweet Bethany!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez