Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An Update on the Wait

Posted by Angie at 7:01 AM
Time for an update on how the waiting has been going lately.  Looking back, I've been a bit all over the place on this topic.  It began with What are you waiting for?, then dove into my struggles with patience (with funny pictures).  Next came a post on settling in to wait, this one and this one on His Hands' referrals, this one on date ideas while waiting.

I am still a bit all over the place when it comes to this.  Some days, the wait is breezy.  I check things off my to-do list and I enjoy quiet evenings with the hubby.  Life is happy and sunny as we enjoy the present with the future in the back of our minds. 

Other days, it's tough.  As many adopting parents can tell you, it can be nearly unbearable at times.  I surf adoption blogs for hours, I watch adoption videos, and the ache in my heart nearly tears me in two.

So what helps on those days?  I turn my worries into prayers.  As soon as I catch myself in a world of what-ifs, I turn the "whens" and "who will my baby be" into conversations with God.  I pray for our child's current mother, who may be pregnant, scared, confused, or abused.  I pray for our wisdom and preparation for not just the adoption process, but for our future roles as parents to one of God's children.  I turn to my to-do list and pray for motivation to keep checking off the little projects around the house, for my work, and for the adoption.  Have I made these onesies yet?  What about a mobile for the nursery?  An ABC print for a reading nook?  I certainly could be brushing up on some Chinese phrases right now... 

{source}

The past month or so this has really been working for me.  I still have my tough moments where I call my husband and whine in a voice I am sure he finds oh-so-attractive "I miss our baby!"  But the more I have been praying, I can honestly share that I have been filled with more peace.

Jeremiah 29:11-12: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Much love,
Future Mama 

Shop Hannah James this month!  Hannah James {etsy} or Hannah James {storenvy}.  50% of the profits help bring our darling home.  And 50% of the profits help bring her darling home. I know this vintage button necklace would just beautiful on you...
Purchase this necklace here

8 comments:

Pix on September 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM said...

yes, those days of waiting are like lions in the grass. they lay there quietly sometimes, and you don't even notice it. and then, wham. the difficulty of waiting hits you full force. i can't say the memory of that time ever went away for me, but i can say that it faded quickly when the day finally came to hold our son. all of the sudden, we go the call and i wondered what i had been doing with all that time! i didn't manage to get all the things done that i wanted, but taking care of yourself is really one of the most important things you can do right now. by any means possible. soon....

Cheese Curds and Kimchi

Elisabeth Schaap said...

Feel for you Angela, Oh my goodness, sometimes, and today is just one of those days, it is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!   The unknowns are so many, and like you I pray for and wonder about our little one's birth mama, how she is, etc, but through all of those unknowns and what ifs the Lord surely does bring peace, and I find myself also drawing closer to and more dependent on Him, and that is worth more than anything.
Sending you love from Canada!

Brooke said...

I hear you! I have good days and bad...today is definitely better than yesterday. 

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

rachinhishands said...

I know that hard wait oh so well. But it's so filled with purpose....and God's timing is perfect. And His peace calms the heart. Hang in there! 

Future Mama on September 16, 2011 at 9:49 AM said...

Thank you for the sweet words!! I do worry about that sometimes, that we will get the call but won't have done everything off our to-do list, ha! 

Future Mama on September 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM said...

Hang in there Elisabeth!!!  Wow, and all the way from Canada....COLD! ;-)

Future Mama on September 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM said...

Thank you Rachel :-)

desiree on September 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM said...

yes..... we are there too.  Yesterday I just wanted to buy a plane ticket and go to Ethiopia.  Today I am doing better.  I can't wait to see my son, look deep into his beautiful eyes and say I love you.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez