Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our September Date

Posted by Angie at 7:32 AM
Adoption involves a lot of waiting!  To help pass the time, I planned 12 dates for my husband and I.  Some are goofy, some are sweet, all are inexpensive (many are free).  You can read about our past adventures, like our August date, here!

We love our puppy.

Even though he is not really a puppy anymore!

Dasher will be turning two next month and while he is certainly a frenzied ball of energy (the product of my MIL's curse), we still love him.  In anticipation of pretty fall weather I planned a "Doggie Date" for the month of September.

So when September 1st rolled around, Future Papa opened up the date card and found this inside:

Well, the month of September was a pretty busy one (didn't it just fly by?!), so we didn't get around to our fun date until this past weekend.  Pretty soon after leaving our home, we were greeted by two deer, which Dash loved watching (and I found them to be much less scary than the bear).

They weren't blurry in real life...I just cropped the picture too closely ;-)
We then went for a pretty walk through our historic downtown and settled at a cafe for a breezy lunch out.  What a treat!  Children played and drew on the ground with chalk.  There were other dogs lounging by their families' feet.  The weather could not have been nicer.  

As I mentioned in this post, my camera has been eating my pictures, so these are the only ones that survived.  I had some cute ones of some other dogs enjoying the cafe and the adorable children with chalk, but the camera decided to gobble those up.

Excited to see what is going on.
Watching the kids play nearby
Delicious!
Happy dog, sitting like a frog.
Afternoons like these are ones that I love in the now, but they also fill me with dreams of the future.  Looking at all the other young families, I can imagine us sitting with our future child, enjoying life's little pleasures, playing with chalk, petting our dog, and grabbing a bite in between giggles.  Will it be this time next year?  Only time will tell...

How about y'all?  Go on any fun dates this month??

Much love,
Future Mama

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Very sweet date!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest said...

Fun! I love seeing the date post each month! We have been saying for weeks that we need an official date night. I can steal some of your ideas!

Jennifer

desiree on September 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM said...

I love how much you love your husband and let it show!!!! :) 

Future Mama on September 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM said...

You should TOTALLY take them :-)  Have fun Jennifer!!!

Future Mama on September 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM said...

That is one of the best compliments I think I have ever been given.  Thanks girl :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez