Monday, September 12, 2011

Five for Fall Challenge

Posted by Angie at 8:00 AM
Fall is when I "fall" back into old habits.  Work gets busy, school gets hectic, and I allow myself to be overwhelmed by the trivial day-to-day.  So this year I am challenging myself to mix it up.  Time to stick to some of my summer habits.  And time to kick out some other ones.  It will be easier to get used to some of these things before the little one comes along!  So, instead of waiting another half year for January resolutions, I'd like to introduce...
 Future Mama's Five for Fall Challenge
Five things that Future Mama hopes to incorporate into her fall 
for a happier, healthier Future Mama 

1. Climb into bed by 10:30 on weeknights.  Not necessarily going to sleep, but showered, in pjs, and under the covers with a book (and Future Papa)

2. Pick out next day's outfit before bed.  Do you wear the same thing over and over again, even though there are plenty of other items in your closet?  I know I do!  Time to pick out something cute and different the night before to boost my mood and confidence the whole next day!

3. Exercise 3 times a week.  No exceptions, Future Mama, no exceptions. I may not be carrying a baby in my belly, but I will still need to be healthy enough to chase that baby around when it comes!

4.  Wake up every morning by 7:30 on weekdays.  Bleh, mornings.  I hear babies usually like mornings.  Start the habit now and enjoy the productivity while you can. 

5.  Healthy snacks.  I am so bad at this.  Either I eat a junky snack from the vending machine or I don't eat a snack at all, which makes me grouchy.   

Taaa-dahhh!  My Five for Fall!  
The way I see it, this will be a chance for me to test out some resolutions.  If one is a total flop, then I can always try it again in January!

What about you, fabulous readers?  
Care to join me?  
Perhaps you need a picture to get in the mood...
Taiwan New Year {source}
Happy New Fall!
What are some habits you want to kick or stick to this fall?

Much love,
Future Mama

Shop Hannah James this month!  Hannah James {etsy} or Hannah James {storenvy}.  50% of the profits help bring our darling home.  And 50% of the profits help bring her darling home.  What about this beautiful brass filigree locket as a Christmas gift for a friend who loves to travel?
Purchase this necklace here

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Very fun...you can do it!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Tday said...

Love your 5 fall commitments! I could be your weekday "wake up call." I get up every morning at 5:15am (yep, you read that correct). In the shower by 5:20am at the latest to get myself ready before the girls wake up. In the kitchen at 6:00am preparing the girls' lunch. Sometimes with Janie at my feet...she is a very EARLY bird. She usually wakes up around 6:00-6:15ish. Then after making the lunches, I make our family breakfast and go wake up Lexie at 6:30am. We eat breakfast from 6:30-7:00 then get dressed at out the door at 7:20am. Have the girls at the sitter by 7:30am to be at work by 7:45...whew! I'm exhausted before my "work" day even begins!!

Get ready! Your baby will get you up in the mornings! Unless he/she is like Lexie. Lexie LOVES her sleep and would sleep in until 8:30 or so if I let her. Poor thing, I make her get up at 6:30 during the week.

But, I am insistent that we eat breakfast together. Since I am a working mama, I insist that we eat 2 family meals together a day (breakfast and dinner) during the week.

Love reading your blog! Can't wait to keep following your journey!!!!
 

Nicolejoelle said...

I'm definitely with you on the eating heathier snacks--I'm going to make some today!

Future Mama on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM said...

Thanks Brooke!

Future Mama on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM said...

HEHE, Tonya, you just made my night!!! Love it :-)

Future Mama on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM said...

YAY!!  We can do it!

Jessicamumford said...

Love it!! I SO need to do this! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez