Monday, August 1, 2011

Friends for Adoption: July Swap

Posted by Angie at 8:30 AM
Friends for Adoption is a "buddy system" that links adopting families together so that they can encourage each other through the twists and turns of the process.  Each month, you and your Friend send and receive encouragements (with a $15.00 limit) in the mail.  This post is about my gift to Brooke.  Even though my husband and I are saving up for our own adoption, we believe we should support others financially, with prayer, and with encouragement as we are able.  Find out more about Friends for Adoption, including how to sign up, here.

First swap!  Not only did I get to meet Brooke last month (read my take on that here), but I also got to hand-deliver my first Friends for Adoption encouragement gift!  And boy was I excited.

For this first swap, I asked myself this: 
What was something I would love...but would not allow myself to purchase because we are saving?    

I started in the card section and picked this out.
outside of the card
inside, before I added my message
Then, I found the perfect bag...for only $1.00!

Next, I headed into a section of Tar*get that I love.  But never enter because it is just too tempting.  The baby section.  And this time I was allowed to spend money!  Woo hoo!  This is what I found.
Precious!  Precious!  Precious!!!

Now, normally, my post would end here, but since I hand-delivered this gift, you get to see Brooke's pretty 'lil face.



Woo hoo!  Successful first swap!  Seeing their smiles melted my heart.

And I loved what Brooke got me!  You want to know what it is?  Then you will have to click on over to her blog to find out!

Also, this post is a reminder to all of you involved in Friends for Adoption...it's now August!  Which means you have 2 weeks to get your encouraging gift/letter/package of smiles ($15 or less) in the mail to your Friend!

Much love,
Future Mama 

PSSSSSST....this really isn't Future Mama...this is her computer...as I warned you on Friday...I'm too busy getting eaten by bugs loving on my nature-lovin' husband...be back in a week!

3 comments:

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest on August 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM said...

How adorable!  And I loved the gift you got Brooke too!  So cute!  Hope you're having fun on your trip!

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest on August 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM said...

And since I misread your post, let me restate what I said... The outfits YOU bought Brooke are adorable!  The necklace Brooke got you is so sweet! 

There!  my bad!  Sorry! : )

Future Mama on August 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM said...

Haha, thanks Jennifer!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez