Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Babymoon: Part Two

Posted by Angie at 7:45 AM
Define: Babymoon
n. a planned period of calm spent together by a just-born baby and its parents; occasionally, time spent by parents without their baby; (hence) a vacation or holiday taken by a pregnant woman and her partner.

Future Mama:  I am so excited about our babymoon!
Future Papa:  I'm not calling it that.  I'm calling it a vacation.

Like many adoptive parents, I struggle with optimism.  Just how optimistic should we be about our timeline?  Should we overestimate everything, to prevent disappointment?  Or should we allow ourselves the excitement in this exciting time in our lives?  Going into our trip, I decided to call it a babymoon.  God willing, this will be the last major trip we take without a little one.  Future Papa chose to call it a vacation, anticipating a longer adoption journey.  I'm hoping our next babymoon will fall under the first part of the definition above, not the latter!

Well, y'all already know about the bear, so I am going to share some other pictures from our trip, so the future little one can come back and see what mommy and daddy were up to during the wait.  Besides trying to paddle to Taiwan to get them. 

So settle back and enjoy a virtual vacation with us!  {it will be a lot less buggy and much cooler (thanks to your AC) than the actual trip, I promise!}

Our trip begins in the capital of our nation, Washington, D.C.

And it will involve a lot of camping in the heat.

The food will be pretty good, though.

The bugs and sweat are worth it...because on a road trip you get to see a lot of neat things!
Like a beach in Delaware.

You can take funny pictures.

Why not visit Jamestown, if it is on your way?

What about Appomattox, were General Robert E. Lee surrendered his army in 1865?

Maybe you like ancient history better.  Making goofy faces with dinosaurs, anyone?

Check out that Natural Bridge!

Man, it's hot!  Let's go into the deepest caves in the eastern US to cool off.
 

It's wouldn't be a road trip without some good ole diner food!

I don't think I can top the deliciousness of that last picture, so I'll stop here.  There you have it, how to have a babymoon on a budget!  With some camping, strategic food planning, and research, anyone can have a great vacation without robbing a bank!  I have one more little trip update to share, but I'll save that for Friday.  I'm too busy dreaming about that pie to think straight now...

Much love,
Future Mama

14 comments:

Natalie on August 10, 2011 at 9:28 AM said...

I LOVE all of the historical stuff Virginia has to offer! :) Glad you both had a good time. :)

Brooke said...

That burger looks rediclous. I am SO jealous.

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

SassyAgapi on August 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM said...

Cool! Hope you had fun! :)

Dawn said...

He he he.....LOVE Virginia!!!  We love to take inexpensive trips to the national parks- our whole family goes hiking....it's funny to see people count heads as they pass us on the narrow trails....  :)

Katie Lindsey on August 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

Looks so fun! I loved visiting Jamestown. I think we have a picture of us on the ship too. :)

Jess Ttc said...

SO much fun! That pie looks great, but that burger, oh my!!   :)

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM said...

Oh Natalie, I am such a history nerd!  Love it!

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:37 PM said...

We totally did, thanks!

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

Hehe, Nathan enjoyed being naughty and eating it ;-)  It's not the best example for his clients, ha!

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

Haha, Dawn, I could just imagine y'all hiking!!!  And all the people counting ;-) 

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM said...

Oh fun!!

Future Mama on August 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM said...

The pie was out of this world!  I'm a vegetarian, so I can't vouch for my husband's burger ;-)

jennifer@thewaymanfamilynest said...

What a fun roadtrip!  D.C. is one of my very favorite places!  I'm a history dork!  This past spring, the hubby and I chaperoned the 8th grade trip to Williamsburg and we went to Appomatox on the way home.  So cool!  Loved looking through your pictures!  I felt like I was there! (in a non creepy way, of course!)  Looks like yall had a blast!  : )

Jennifer
thewaymanfamilynest.blogspot.com

Pix on August 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM said...

Happy Babymoon! I hope it's your last vacay before baby too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez