Monday, July 18, 2011

Tree "Masterpieces" (a nursery update)

Posted by Angie at 8:17 AM
To introduce this next instillation in my "nursery series,"
I am going to tell y'all a little story...

Our tale begins in the wintry month of December, Christmastime last year.  We arrived home late and began unpacking after being in the car for hours, visiting family.  As we unpacked, we discussed the possibility of Future Papa's brother coming to spend a couple nights with us later in the week.

Future Mama: "If he comes, I want to get those pictures hung in the guest room before he gets here."
Future Papa: "What pictures?"

Wrong answer.  Just before we left on the trip, I had spent weeks planning and two full days making pictures to hang over the bed in our guest room.  And let me just say, as a rule, I am not a crafty, artistic person, so these were a huge achievement for me.

Future Mama: "Really?  What pictures"
Future Papa: (pausing, knowing that he answered wrong...but unable to come up with anything better after such a long day) "Uhh...what pictures?"
Future Mama: "The trees I spent daaaays making before we left.  The project I have been talking about for weeks?!"


Future Papa, not missing a beat, replied in a legitimately sincere tone "Oh, those pictures.  I call those masterpieces."  And with that he went back to pulling his shirts out of the suitcase.

What could I do but laugh in this situation?  Here we were, after a lovely but exhausting trip, hours in the car, trying to get the suitcase put up, in a situation that could have absolutely exploded.  But with a simple joking yet loving comment, Future Papa saved the day from my bad attitude.  Ha!

(I hope that our future little one gets this talent from him!  Oh what a gift it is.)

And that is my roundabout way of showing you the bedspread and trees that will be co-existing in the little bambino's nursery.

What do you think of those tree "masterpieces"?  Because, while they took me a bit of time to make, if I can do it, anyone can!  All you need is a canvas, modge podge glue, and some scrapbook paper...

Much Love,
Future Mama

Psst....here's part 1 in the nursery series.

22 comments:

Alaythea said...

Those are gorgeous!!! My hubby often "saves his butt" with witty come backs like those!

Aubrey Shaw on July 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM said...

We have the same duvet cover.

I love the homemade trees. They are wonderful.

Future Mama on July 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM said...

Haha!  It must be in the secret hubby manual...

Future Mama on July 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM said...

That you so much Aubrey!  And yes, I love that duvet cover...the colors are wonderful!  My husband, however, was not a fan...he said it slid around way too much (I may be a bit of a cover stealer, shhh).  So, it got relegated to the guest room after a couple of years and we have a simple quilt now on our bed!

Gracefallslikerain on July 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM said...

Love those, you ARE artistic/crafty! And slick move by Papa :-)

Dawn said...

WOW- LOVE THOSE!!!!

Kate said...

LOVE them!  You should sell them!!
~Kate
www.exceedinglyblessed.blogspot.com

Future Mama on July 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM said...

Hehe, yes, if only he could always be so slick, we would never argue ;-)

Future Mama on July 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM said...

Thanks Dawn!!

Future Mama on July 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM said...

Thanks Kate!  I'm thinking about it...

;-)

mattie.wells said...

Love them!  And you say your not crafty :)

Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest said...

Umm, not crafty?! You're crazy! Those are fabulous! They're going to be perfect in the nursery. My hubby is good at that too. I want to be mad sometimes, but I just can't! : )

Brooke said...

These are AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Brooke Annessawww.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Jlmumford said...

This is a funny story! I just HAD to tell my husband it. :)

Sarah Habuda said...

LOVE your craftiness.... and your hubby's quick comment! They are so good at those! :)

Terri Fisher said...

I love the pictures!  Would you share how you did them?  I have plenty of scrapbook paper lying around!

Future Mama on July 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM said...

Haha, I do the same thing to my husband when I see funny blog posts ;-)

Future Mama on July 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM said...

Just sent you an e-mail Terri!!

desiree on July 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM said...

I love them!  Nice job :)

Nicolejoelle said...

Those are super cute, Angela!
I've had plenty of similar moments with my hubby :) He does try to be slick, but I'm sure he could surpass your husband!

Terry P. said...

Hi!  Love your story and pictures too - very crafty!  I think all husband have that manual mentioned for the quick replies!  LOL  

Found your blog through another "Terri" - Glad I stopped by.  You have a great blog - so many ideas!  Wishing you all the best on your adoption journey!!  We are waiting for our Little Man to come home - hopefully SOON! Our story, or some of it, is on our blog...  Adoption Adventure #3   adoptionadventure3taiwan.blogspot.com

karen moseley on August 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM said...

Can you tell me where you bought that duvet cover? LOVE the pictures, err... Masterpieces! You have a sweet spirit and a creative mind! Love your blog.
jomoseley57@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez