Monday, July 11, 2011

Spoil your husband: Part II

Posted by Angie at 7:47 AM
So, I am running a bit behind you all in my 4th of July weekend posts!  But with tear-worthy referral stories like this one and this one, plus my adventures meeting Brooke, can you blame me?!  Anyhoo (has that word gone out of style?  was it ever in style?), Future Papa came up to see me for the 4th of July weekend.  Yes, I am still on that whirlwind of a trip for work.  No, I have not had to whip out my bug warrior skills again.  And yes, I am happy to tuck those skills away for awhile.

To reward Future Papa for the 9+ hour drive, I wanted to make him a little something special.  The appliances available to me?  An ancient microwave.
{source}
Which meant that Future Papa's favorite dessert, featured in Spoil your husband: Part 1, was not an option.  And that I would need to get creative.

So off to itty bitty grocery store I went to purchase three ingredients:
1. store brand milk chocolate chips
2. store brand oreo cookies
3. store brand sprinkles 

Do you see where this is going?
{source}
HA!  
I wish.  
Aren't those beautiful?  

You may have seen those before...they are pinned to my pintrest board in the Parties and Gifts section (side note:  Future Mama is IN LOVE, people.  In love with pintrest.  Oh my beautiful little boards...so much inspiration, so little time).  

Enough dreaming.  Here is what I made!  Not as pretty, but I think mine tasted almost as good...

In case it isn't completely self-evident, here is what I did:
1. Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl.
2.  Dip cookies in melted chocolate.
3. Sprinkle the sprinkles.
4.  Put on a cookie sheet that has been covered in wax paper.  Or, if you are cooking frontier-style like me and don't have a cookie sheet, straight onto wax paper on the fridge shelf.  Just make sure they end up in the fridge.

They were good.  
So mouth-watering, that we ate all of them in one weekend.  
So irresistible, that I went back to the store last night to buy the ingredients again, only to discover that itty bitty grocery store was out of chocolate chips.

I know.

Tragedy.

Right up there with the orphan crisis.

But never fear, dear readers...I bought a bag of sour cream and onion chips and a box of cookies and cream ice cream sandwiches to eat for dinner instead.  Wracked with guilt with my poor decision later in the evening, one of my best friends comforted me.   "Future Mama, you're getting dairy, carbs, and trace amounts of vegetables.  That has to count for something." 

Ha.

Let's all pray that I can keep up with my summer jogging routine.

Much love,
Future Mama

P.S.  Have you seen this great article on raising funds for adoption over at Love Makes a Family?  If not, there are some really great tips!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez