Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I met her!

Posted by Angie at 8:01 AM
It felt like a blind date.

What do I wear?

Will we talk about adoption the whole time?

Or should we talk about other things?

How many embarrassing things could I possibly say over the course of one dinner?

Wait, don't answer that.

If you've been reading Expecting a Blessing for any length of time, it's probably no secret that I made a bloggy friend in Brooke from Taking the Road Less Traveled.  If you forgot how God crossed our paths, you can read that story here.

Friday night, with our husbands along as backup, we met face to face for the first time.  I felt the butterflies when I walked in the restaurant.  When I started my blog, I never imagined I would have dinner with someone I met on the internet.  Only crazy people do that, right?!  Ha.  Add me to that list.

I recognized her right away (whew).  We sat down in a booth.  I put the cake I brought for her birthday in the center of the table.
YUM!
We started talking. 

And it went great!  Or, at least, I think it did!  We didn't stop talking for over two hours.  We chatted about everything from our weddings to our jobs to our churches.  We dreamed about our future kiddos and swapped timeline hopes.  We ate delicious Thai food.  We laughed.  And laughed.  And laughed.

Brooke and her husband
We swapped our July Friends For Adoption encouragement gifts.  
Brooke and her gift
 But you will have to wait until my post on August 1st to see what I got her!
Here we are full of encouragement...and cake!
How blessed I am to have an adoption friend like her to share this journey with.  It was so nice to talk to someone who knows exactly what we are going through.  For those of you in need of encouragement, I encourage you to think about Friends for Adoption.  Meeting your Friend in person is certainly not a requirement.  But, you might be surprised, like I was, to see what friendship can bring.

Much love,
Future Mama

2 comments:

Sarah Habuda said...

How fun that you guys got to meet!!! I'm jealous! :) The friendships God has brought us all on this journey is such an expected and wonderful blessing!

Future Mama on July 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM said...

Thank you Sarah!!  Hopefully our paths will cross one day too :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez