Monday, September 19, 2011

Craft: I love you because

Posted by Angie at 7:45 AM
This weekend I made a romantic little craft for our bedroom.  Easy, cheap, and only took me about 30 minutes.  That's my kind of project!

I was inspired by Kiki Creates' "I heart you because" print, pictured below.
{source}
When the print is in a frame, you can write a little note with a dry erase marker on the glass and then simply erase it when a new compliment pops into your mind!  It's a sweet sentiment encourager.

Ready to see my version?

I took a half-dozen really cute pictures, but when I put my camera's memory card in the computer it told me that my card has been corrupted :-(  So all I have left is this picture, with the sad little gray line at the bottom.
Here is how I did it.

1.  Go to your local craft store and buy a sheet of scrapbook paper that will fit into your printer.  I bought several, because I wasn't sure which I would like best...or how many times I would mess up!  Try to pick a piece that is not too busy or dark, so that your words will pop out from the design.

2.  Get on your computer.
  • Open a word document.  Click insert, then shapes, then draw a square.  Right click on the square, click format auto shape, click size, and then make it slightly bigger than the size you want your print to be (I made mine 5.05 x 7.05).  Click ok.  Then, right click the square again, click format auto shape again, click layout, and select behind text.  Click ok again.  Now, all you need to do is type your message in your favorite font and center it in the box!
    3. Now that you have your image, print it on your scrapbook paper, cut along the lines, and frame it!

    Or, if you are totally not crafty, check out Kiki Creates to buy one of her versions of this craft.

    I set ours in our bedroom and placed a dry erase marker behind it.  I think seeing it there will encourage me to write down all the little things I appreciate about my husband more often.  Hopefully he will notice the pen and do the same!

    Ta da!  I would say easy as pie, but in my experience, making a pie is not easy.  Unless you are cooking a frozen one.  So how about easy as slice and bake cookies?!

    Have y'all made anything lately?  I would love to hear about it!  These little crafts are keeping me busy as we wait for our little one.

    Much love,
    Future Mama

    3 comments:

    Natalie on September 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM said...

    Very pretty! :)

    Kelsey Park said...

    First of all, I have to say THANK YOU THAK YOU THANK YOU for emailing me your ideas for the monthly dates!! I know it was awhile ago but I have meaning to email you back and thank you now for quite awhile now. Life has just been getting in the way and fall semester has started again, keeping me running around like a crazy woman. :) I really do appreciate it though, you are so creative and your dates were all so fun and cute!! I have included some in my own monthly date gift to my husband and used others as inspiration for creating our own personal and meaningful dates. Second of all, I have to comment on how funny it is that you chose this craft to recreate too!! I think we must have similar tastes because I recently recreated this for my husband and I to keep in our bedroom and write little love notes on to each other. Your's looks great and I am sure you will have as much fun as I do leaving love notes for your husband.... and soon, leaving love notes for your sweet little peanut of child. :) I love reading your blog and following your story! I can't wait for you to meet your child!! I know he/she is so incredibly loved already. :) 

    Future Mama on September 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM said...

    Thank you SO much for your super sweet comment Kelsey!!  About to send you an e-mail :-)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     

    Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez