Friday, July 29, 2011

Can you guess?

Posted by Angie at 10:56 AM
What do the following have in common?

{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
 Are you following the way things bounce around in my head?
Have you figured it out?
No?
Well...

{source}

Future Papa and I are going on a road trip!
Our very own "babymoon."
How do you afford a road trip when you are saving for an adoption, you ask?
Well...

1.  When you already have to drive from Point A to Point B, you say, hey, why not just take a little extra time to do it?!

2.  You enjoy the great outdoors and see if you can discover what is so great about it.  Hello campsites.  Hello bugs.  Have you heard of my bug warrior skills?  Yeah, I thought so.  So you just stay over there...

3.  You take the money you would have spent on groceries and buy "road trip" groceries...otherwise known as food-that-you-can-either-pack-in-a-cooler-or-keep-at-room-temperature-and-that-can-be-eaten-straight-from-the-package-or-cooked-over-a-campfire

It's gonna be an adventure, y'all!  

And hubby, if you are reading this, I fully intend to (try) to mimic most of the pictures above, but with us as subjects.  You know you love your crazy wife.  Get ready to "cheese!"

I'll be taking the week off blogging...but if you check back here on Monday there might be something that automatically posts.  Something that I may have promised you here.  But don't be fooled, it's not me posting...it's this crazy computer magic timer...

Side note- how cute is this?!
{source}

But enough about me.  Did you go on any fun vacations this summer?  How about babymoons?  Are you planning one?  Or are you waiting to see how our camping disaster adventure goes to decide if you want to try it?  Did I ever tell you about the time my husband and I worked as adventure camp counselors and lived outdoors for two months in New Mexico?  No?  Well, then you have even more to look forward to hearing about when I get back...

Much love,
Future Mama

7 comments:

Merely Human said...

Hey, I've been following your blog for a while, thought I'd say hi! I Love to go camping, I hope you have fun. We just did a trip in June which was very successful, but I did not get around to posting about it. But here's one from our camping trip last year!
http://formsofnature.blogspot.com/2010/11/fall-campingbrrr.html

Sarah Habuda said...

How fun! We love camping and roadtrips! If you happen to be coming through Oklahoma let me know! :) Hope you have a great time!!

We went to Florida this summer (sort of a babymoon). We stayed for free at Matt's uncle's condo, had free flights and a free rental car due to his travel points and even bought our activities on Groupon! We actually spent less money that week than we would have at home! :) Love being able to enjoy time together and be frugal!

desiree on July 29, 2011 at 2:27 PM said...

oh, have fun!

Brooke said...

Have a blast! See you tomorrow!!! Can't believe I can actually say that! Ha!

Brookewww.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Julie McGlinchey said...

I know where you got that tshirt!!  ;)  I am going to make one for our adopted little guy very soon.  Perfect for our campfires in the back yard all fall.  Have a great trip!  We love to camp!  In fact, we are going to go in a couple of weeks with a 3 month old (and 4 other kiddos) - are we nuts?  We just may be.  

Jlmumford said...

Sounds like FUN! Can't wait to see those pictures. We are going to Washington in September and are quite excited to get away.

Future Mama on August 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM said...

LOVE all your fun plans!  Thanks for the sweet wishes.  More soon ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez