Friday, July 15, 2011

Another His Hands family created!

Posted by Angie at 9:03 AM
Two in one month!  This was the first, and now here is the second...
{source}
I'm giddy.  Full of smiles.  So excited for them and for us.
Isn't that just the sweetest picture?!

And of course, this makes me think of our timeline.  The unpredictable waiting list.  Our application was unofficially approved on April 20th and officially became a His Hands family on May 4th.

His Hands (our orphanage) only works with 20 families at a time.  However, their list does not work like a traditional list in which each family moves up slot by slot.  They pray about each child and each adoptive family for the best match.  They have a preference for childless couples (us!) and infertile couples (not us!).

And then of course, there is a new home to complicate things.  A new home (a video of it here, if you are interested) that has the capacity to hold 20 babies.  What number are we again?  Oh yeah, at least 2 less than 20. 

Don't get too excited (more of a note to me than you).  The chances of me opening my e-mail to a referral tomorrow are slim to none.  We haven't completed a home study yet.  And we won't, until His Hands tells us to (home studies are only good for one year, so they tell us when to start one, when were are likely a year out from the referral/adoption, to save us a costly update).  We have not started a home study yet.  And while every bone in my body aches to e-mail them (yet again) to ask if now is the time to start one, I won't.  Because I just e-mailed them a couple of days ago ;-)

God's timing will be perfect.  God's timing will be perfect.  My constant prayer.

Much love,
Future Mama

9 comments:

Katie Lindsey on July 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM said...

So cute! I'm glad you are able to follow the other HH adoptions. It helps the wait. :)

janalexis on July 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM said...

One of my favorite verses when struggling with timing & wondering & waiting: "for the LORD is a God who knows" 1 Sam 2:3.

Future Mama on July 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM said...

I think so too!  I love the pictures!!

Future Mama on July 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM said...

Beautiful.  Thank you!

desiree on July 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM said...

His timing is always perfect.  And it will come :) 

Natalie on July 15, 2011 at 1:32 PM said...

Patience is a hard cup to tea to swallow but you can do it. Cause in some moments your practice at patience will be key for some even more stressful situations once you have your little one.

But I'm still sending my thoughts and prayers your way that it will be sooner rather than later! :)

Future Mama on July 15, 2011 at 2:23 PM said...

Thanks Desiree!  The day will come for both of us and we will look back on this and laugh!!

Future Mama on July 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM said...

I never thought of it that way Natalie!  Thank you for the new perspective...I'm not just waiting, I'm in mommy-training :-)  Makes it sound a lot more fun than it is, ha!

Brooke said...

Ohhhh...wow...

When is it our turn?

Brooke Annessawww.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez