Thursday, June 9, 2011

We Can Do Something: A Powerful Post

Posted by Angie at 8:57 AM
Blog posts can have tremendous power.

Posts that can make you gasp, laugh, cry, and, most importantly, think.

So, today I want to share this post from Babe of My Heart.  Wow.  I highly recommend reading it

Posts like this remind me of the tremendous power of a blog.
Orphans in Thailand {source}
I often feel overwhelmed.  The orphan crisis is simply overwhelming.  I know adoption is not for everyone, but loving, caring, supporting, and protecting orphans should be.  We can do something.  Orphans have hunger, heartbreak, fear, and loneliness, but we have prayer, financial donations, time, and love.  And that is a powerful thing.

I end this post the way Andrea, author of Babe of my Heart did, because she says it better than I ever could:

John 16:33 “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” May you each find that something He is calling you to…and may you be filled with His strength as you pursue His will at all costs. Do not lose heart or give up on what He has called you to! We run this race together…and I am so encouraged by so many of you!

Much love,
Future Mama

P.S. Did you see that we were nominated to potentially be one of the Top 25 Adoption Blogs?  WOW!  Voting ends June 21, so if you like Expecting a Blessing, please click here, scroll down to the bottom, and then just click like.  That's it!  So easy!  You can vote once every day ;-)

P.P.S  Looking for more thought-provoking reads?  Check out this and this.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

It certainly can feel overwhelming!

Brooke Annessawww.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Sarah Habuda said...

I've been feeling so burdened by all of this lately. God is opening the eyes of His people... We CAN do something! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez