Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Do you know Sung-bong Choi?

Posted by Angie at 8:25 AM
Have any of you heard of Sung-bong Choi?
{source}
Well, I had no idea who he was until yesterday, when Kathleen, from Grace Falls Like Rain, commented on my Bachelorette post.  After seeing her comment I went on over to her blog to see what was new with her.  Her latest post is something I am so glad I read/watched.

Sung-bong Choi is a 22 year old manual worker who took the stage last week on Korea's Got Talent.  His voice is beautiful.

What is making him an internet sensation?  Like most reality stars, he's got a story.  But this one breaks my heart.  He was orphaned at five years old, abused by orphanage workers, ran away, and lived on his own ever since.  To get by, he lived in public bathrooms and sold energy drinks and gum on the street.

His story, combined with his amazing voice, reduced the judges and audience to tears.
{source}
(Of course, it reduced me to tears as well, but that should come as no surprise to y'all!)

Can Americans vote for Korea's Got Talent?
Because if so, Sung-bong Choi has got a fan in me :-)

Much love,
Future Mama

6 comments:

desiree on June 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM said...

wow!  That is a story indeed.  It is amazing what all comes out when we just open our eyes and our hearts.  Thank you for sharing. *love & hugs*

Future Mama on June 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM said...

Of course! Glad you enjoyed it too :-)

Kathleen W on June 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

I feel honored you reposted. And it makes me cry too. every.time. Can I solicit your prayers? Have a 3rd interview tomorrow for a teaching job. 1st step to paying off those student loans and saving for adoption ;-) 

Katie C said...

This is a poem one of my friends wrote about her own adoption from India and I thought I'd share it with you.  It's beautiful.  I'm not married yet, but hope to adopt eventually!  So, reading your blog gives me some inspiration!  :)------------------Once there were two women,Who barely knew each other.One is in your heart forever,The other you’ll call mother. Two different lives,Shaped to make yours one.One became your guiding star,The other became your sun. The first gave you life,And the second taught you how to live it.The first gave you a need for love,And the second was there to give it. One gave you a nationality,The other gave you a name.One gave you the seed of talent,The other gave you an aim. One gave you emotions,The other calmed your fears.One saw your first sweet smile,The other dried your tears. One gave you a family,It was what God intended for her to do.The other prayed for a child,And God led her straight to you. And now you ask meThrough your tears,The age old question through the years.Heredity or environment…Which are you a product of?Neither, my darling… neither,Just two different kinds of love.

Sarah Habuda said...

I watched this (and was planning on posting about it too...but didn't get a chance before vacation) and cried and cried. What an amazing story...and voice!

Giaco24 said...

I would absolutely love to adopt him into the United States for him  .  He gives me inspiration and I would love to have him by my side.   He totally is me!!!!!!!  The Underdog that made it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez