Monday, May 23, 2011

Sometimes I Wonder...

Posted by Angie at 11:56 AM
Sometimes I wonder if I am ready to be a mother...

...to give up spur-of-the-moment girls' nights...
{source}
...to forget about sleeping in past 9 on sunny Saturday mornings...
{source}
...to lose many of the quiet little moments my husband and I share each day...
{source}
But then I see something, or read something, or a thought races through my mind....

...a child taking their first steps....
{source}
...a baby in a grocery store buggy...
{source}
...the idea of snuggling, cuddling, reading a book...
{source}
...and my heart feels like it is going to explode...
{source}
...and I wonder...
{source}
 How on earth can I possibly wait any longer?!?!?!

Today, I am missing my baby halfway around the world like crazy.  Some days, I almost forget that we are in the early stages of an adoption.  Other days, like today, I can't stop thinking about it.  I am so thrilled we have officially started the adoption process.

Much love,
Future Mama

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Don't even remember what it was like before, and you might think...yeah I miss things, but it is NOTHING COMPARED to what you have in front of you :)  It is truly the world's best blessing!!!!!!!!!!!

desiree on May 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM said...

I miss "before" sometimes, but it is nothing, NOTHING compared to how much I would miss without the "now".  For all the times I wish I could have a night to myself or go shopping alone, when I do get those opportunities I try to rush as fast as I can to get home.  :)

Sarah H said...

But once you have a baby, those sleep in days include a munchkin in your bed snuggling up next to you. You'll still have girls' days, just a little less spur-of-the-moment than usual. And if you adopt a girl, then those girl days become mommy-daughter girl days (a fave at our house, and usually it just signifies that daddy's at work or my daughter and I are running errands, lol). Infant stages obviously demand more of your personal time, but enjoy it because as your children grow, you get more and more of your needed "me" time (don't forget that mommies and daddies DO need "me" time too!!). And date nights will have to be planned, so line up some trusted babysitters now :)

Joe said...

Yes it's true! No sleep and always tired. No friends and no more hanging out.  I have no more patience left in me after raising and homeschooling two kids. 100% dedication 24/7.  Yet, I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I am a homeschooling dad.  "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." Bible   

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez