Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Taiwan Birthmothers

Posted by Angie at 7:44 AM
First, let me promise that my blog is not going to become a His Hands advertising billboard!  But I figured I should go ahead and wrap up my thoughts that began in my last post.  I hope to tell y'all on Friday about how we plan to announce the adoption to our folks, so stay tuned :-) 

I love the fact that His Hands, the orphanage we are working with, truly loves and cares for birthmothers.  I know they love their adoptive parents too, but it is so important to me that the birthmother of our future child actually be given all of her choices.  Through His Hands, women are given a real choice and the support they need to keep their babies, should they choose to do so.  Here are some pictures (taken from the His Hands website) of some mothers who remained just that, mothers, thanks to the support of His Hands.


And here are some birthmothers who made the loving choice of adoption.
No matter what people may say or think about birthmothers, there is no denying that these women, all these women, have so much strength.  All they go through, especially in Taiwan where their families, communities, doctors, and even church members are telling them to get abortions, requires true strength.  To see the rest of the slideshow, click here.

Today I am praying for the birthmothers around the world.  I pray that they all be given the support and love they need to make the best decision for themselves and their babies. 

Much love,
Future Mama

2 comments:

Brooke Annessa said...

We pray for our baby's birthmother every night. We too feel so blessed to know the love she will experience and that she will truly being make the decision about raising her child or allowing her child to be adopted into a loving home. It is so amazing that we will be a part of this ministry!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Natalie on April 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM said...

Good for you having a strong foundation on which agency to choose! I don't think I would be comfortable knowing that my baby was stolen or sold. So having them try to make sure the mothers are making an educated decision is great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez