Thursday, April 7, 2011

Funny Patience Pictures

Posted by Angie at 7:30 AM
As I mentioned in this post, we have officially submitted an application to an agency and are waiting to hear if we are approved.  Woo hoo!  But...uh ohh...I'm already getting antsy!  

This past Sunday in bible study we found out that one of our references had not sent in his letter of recommendation yet.  Upon seeing my crazy I want to be a mama now!!! expression he frantically promised to do it that afternoon.  So, we know that it will still be at least another couple of weeks until we hear anything.  The process is basically this:
  1. We sent in our application
  2. The agency e-mailed out recommendation forms to our list of recommenders
  3. The recommenders fill out those forms and e-mail them back
  4. The agency prays about us
  5. Our application goes to their board and they evaluate us on a number of criteria
  6. They decide
  7. They e-mail us
  8. I either scream with joy or dissolve into tears.  Either way, a big carton of ice cream will be involved.
To occupy myself and make this post moderately interesting, I found a few funny pictures on patience.
{source}
{source}
{source}
And a great quote:
{source}
Sigh...someone please remind me that I don't want to be the crazy mama who sends her agency a million e-mails a day?  Especially when we are waiting to see if they accept us?  I mean, once they are stuck with us...then the e-mails can begin in full force, right?! ;-)

Much love,
Future Mama

4 comments:

Kelly on April 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM said...

Why wouldn't they accept you? I guess when we started the process we applied but that just said "we're getting started!" not "will you take us?" - just wondering why they would have to pray about accepting you.

Brooke Annessa said...

I can't imagine the feeling! But enjoy it! Its all going to go so fast...soon this phase will be over and you'll be on to the next one! They will accept you...I know it! But I'll be praying!

Dawn said...

He he he yeah. I am not a patient person.....and somehow God thought it would be great to put me through 8 adoptions! He he he....and yes we are wanting more too :)
Praying you hear soon :)

Jlumford said...

LOVE these pics! Ha! It is SO very difficult to be patient when our hearts are aching to hold the baby God has chosen for us. Gotta have trust and faith. Those are the backbones of patience I think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez