As I mentioned in this post, we have officially submitted an application to an agency and are waiting to hear if we are approved. Woo hoo! But...uh ohh...I'm already getting antsy!
This past Sunday in bible study we found out that one of our references had not sent in his letter of recommendation yet. Upon seeing my crazy I want to be a mama now!!! expression he frantically promised to do it that afternoon. So, we know that it will still be at least another couple of weeks until we hear anything. The process is basically this:
- We sent in our application
- The agency e-mailed out recommendation forms to our list of recommenders
- The recommenders fill out those forms and e-mail them back
- The agency prays about us
- Our application goes to their board and they evaluate us on a number of criteria
- They decide
- They e-mail us
- I either scream with joy or dissolve into tears. Either way, a big carton of ice cream will be involved.
To occupy myself and make this post moderately interesting, I found a few funny pictures on patience.
And a great quote: