Monday, March 21, 2011

The Winner Is ME!

Posted by Angie at 3:35 PM
My darling hubby watches a lot of basketball.
{Couldn't resist putting up this picture...take a close look...}
{Ha! Yep!  That's her pregnant belly! Source
Usually, it doesn't bother me.  We both have teams we passionately root for.  I attended a large, SEC university as an undergraduate.  My only siblings are two sports-lovin' brothers, one of whom is now a collegiate football kicker (yes, we are quite proud!).  But, every now and then, the nonstop sound of cheering fans and excitable announcers gets on my very last nerve.

This weekend was one of those weekends, when after a long day, the last thing I wanted to see and hear was more basketball.  I began straightening the living room, putting things away, whirling around the darling hubby, who was trying to enjoy his game. 

"Who's winning?"  I asked.  This is usually my lead into politely getting the channel changed to an episode of Bones, Castle, or House Hunters.  If team A is beating team B by a significant amount of points, then the game can be turned off.  Future Papa, sensing my agitation, paused, looked at me, and replied:

"I'm winning, because I married you."

I know, I know, SO corny!  But at that moment, that was exactly what I needed.  So unexpected at that moment, as I was tossing couch pillows back into place.  Love appearing in an activity as mundane as watching basketball.

I'm so blessed to have the Future Papa, I know he will be a great dad.

Much Love,
Future Mama

1 comments:

desiree on March 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM said...

Awww... what a good husband you have. Knowing exactly what you need!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez