Friday, March 4, 2011

My Weekend To-Do List

Posted by Angie at 9:00 AM
So I have mentioned before that I am currently writing a thesis for my MA degree.  I try not to drag it into this blog too often (the poor project gets dragged into just about every other aspect of my life), but let me just give you a peek into my weekend:

{source}

While I find this comic hilarious, the sad truth is that my to-do list really has experienced this transformation.  Laundry became pressing, closet organization critical, and e-mails simply couldn't go a few minutes without being answered.  In the list of ways I love my thesis, I am currently weeping the absence of pages:


My third chapter is due next FridayOne week.  For the sake of utter and embarrassing honesty...I still have 20 pages that need to be written.  In the past two weeks I have been "working" on my thesis, I have managed to eek out a measly 3 pages.  3 ya'll.  3.  Pathetic by any standard.  My superpower of procrastination has also left me in an even worse predicament:  in just a few hours, my kiddos (aka undergraduate students) will be taking a midterm. Which means that I also have this to look forward to:


Followed by this:

And eventually this:

Oh boy!  What a weekend/week ahead of me.  It's just a week, right?  In a week I'll be laughing about this sleeping.  Ha.  Anyone else have problems with procrastination?  Grand tips so that I don't dig myself into a hole for the next deadline?  I am so kicking myself now.

I hope you all have wonderful plans for the weekend.  Let me live vicariously through you!  You know what I think you should do?  Check out THIS BLOG because tomorrow they are starting their adoption auction!  Side note...I just LOVE their blog design--isn't it just the cutest?  And don't worry, I haven't forgotten to update you on our own auction!  I can count the number of people who I still need to donate on one hand and hope to announce our grand total very very soon!

Much love,
Future Mama

3 comments:

Christy said...

Prayers for your thesis! When we were expecting our first I was finishing up my thesis and it was a bit crazy! :) But it was nice to have it done by the time we were a family of 3!

Jlmumford said...

Busy busy girl! I definitely don't miss writing papers in college. I LOVE to write, but not when someone forces me to write about something. :)

Hope the words come quickly and you can rest and relax soon!

Kim from 3 peanuts said...

I will say some prayers for you. It is tough writing a thesis. I have a Ph.D. so I had to write a thesis and a dissertation....I can sympathize. BUT you will feel so good when it is finished. And it is good to get all of this done before you adopt:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez