Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You know you're sick when...

Posted by Angie at 11:50 AM
You know you're sick when...
  • Getting dressed means putting on a fresh pair of pjs
  • It feels like your throat is a disco hall...for fire ants
  • Filling a dark room with moans sounds like a capital way to spend your time
  • You force yourself to drink water like there is no tomorrow
  • Because you drank so much water, you have worn a path in the carpet to the bathroom
  • Your muscles are convinced they just ran a marathon...but you've hardly left your bed 
  • And....your ears are popping more than they did when you landed in your child's birth country (oh yeah, an adoption reference, boo yah!)
Ugh...that's right folks...I caught the germs that have been going 'round.  Considering I work for a huge university and that many of my students have resembled the walking dead lately, I suppose it was only a matter of time.  Today was the first day in weeks that I did not have a day full of meetings, presentations, and classes on campus.  That's good, because I can stay home all day.  Bad, because I can see my grand plans of working on a particularly difficult piece of my thesis fluttering out the window.  Or, rather, fluttering to the window, crashing into the tightly drawn curtains, and exploding into a sizzling smoke cloud.
{source}

And because I don't like my blog posts to be all doom and gloom, I do have two other little things to chat about.

First, a bloggy friend of mine is selling some really cute shirts to raise money for their South Korean adoption.
 You know you want to check them out by clicking here!

Secondly, I have been e-mailing my tush off getting things all settled with our past auction!  As soon as I have a final total, ya'll will be the first to know!  One of our donors, the Lily Big Boutique, is willing to give us 10% of all sales from her store if you purchase something by Friday (Feb. 25, 2011) and tell her Expecting a Blessing sent you!  One of my favorite items?  This sign!
The perfect wedding, engagement, anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day, any day gift!  The wooden sign can be painted any color to match your home decor (and obviously with YOUR family name...not the one pictured...unless you happen to be Christie & Andy Martin).  So...if you are interested...click here to check that out.

Now, if ya'll will excuse me...I'm going to go crawl back into bed.  Actually, for the sake of honestly, I am already in bed.  Nap time?  I think so...

Much love,
a germy Future Mama

6 comments:

Kelly on February 22, 2011 at 11:59 AM said...

Thanks girl! And I was wondering how much you raised for the adoption, glad we'll find out soon!

erica said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! :)

alison on February 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM said...

So sorry you are sick!! Hope that you feel better soon!

Future Mama on February 22, 2011 at 3:15 PM said...

Thanks all! I hope so too...

Dawn said...

Pray you feel better soon. :) Love your sense of humor!

dez on February 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM said...

I am so sorry your sick! Get lots of rest. I hope you feel better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez