Monday, February 7, 2011

Spoil your husband

Posted by Angie at 8:07 AM
So, I saw this fabulous post over on Her Southern Charm and decided to put her wonderful advice to work.  It's all about spoiling the men in our lives with little things...I highly recommend reading it!

Is it just me, or are commercials literally oozing with jewelry, chocolate, flowers, and over-sized teddy bears these days?  Has Valentine's Day always been just about the ladies?  Her Southern Charm's blog post reminded me that the holiday should not focus on the women...but the couple.  From dusting the ceiling fans to killing roaches (eeeewwww!) my hubby is there to love me not just on Valentine's Day, but every day.  Sure, he leaves his socks EVERYWHERE and is known to let his car get pretty messy from time to time...but he has got to have some flaws, right? ;-)

Anyhoo, Friday, after feeling a bit grouchy about my not-so-awesome week, I decided to get to work on something sweet...literally!
Brownie bites!  One of my hubby's favorite treats.  Not because it was his birthday.  Or our anniversary.  Or because I wanted something.  Just because he's there for me in the thick and the thin.
When he got home he was so surprised!  
And that immediately put me in a much better mood :-)  

(If you want to make these...they are so EASY!  Make brownies according to package directions.  Cook and let cool for about ten minutes.  Then, cut into bite-sized pieces (not the edges though!  leave those out!)  Roll the squares into balls and then in powdered sugar.  Done!)

So I challenge you...do something sweet for the men in your life this week!  Trust me, it's so worth it.

Much love,
Future Mama

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez