Monday, January 17, 2011

We saw the sign.

Posted by Angie at 8:03 AM
Today I thought I would share a bit of our story and how we came to the decision of adoption!  For us, it was a long process, mostly filled with lots of little signs, moments, and steps.  This post, however, is about one of the big moments.  It requires a bit of back story, though ;-)

Future Papa and I met during our junior year of high school in the courthouse parking lot.  I was a lawyer on the school's Mock Trial team and Future Papa was a timekeeper.  We practiced in our county courthouse after school.  I was on my way in to practice when I saw this cute high school aged guy getting out of his car.

"Are you one of our new timekeepers?"  I asked.
"Yeah!" Replied Future Papa.  And that's how we met.  Deep, I know.  We introduced ourselves, I led him to the practice room, and we became friends.

We started dating the summer before our senior year and continued dating long distance throughout college.
(a picture from our freshman year of college)
We got married in our home town at the church Future Papa grew up in.  Not only is this church special to him because of this, but also...this church is literally 200 yards away from the courthouse, where we met!
(the church on our wedding day..we had BEAUTIFUL summer weather)
Fast forward.  The great thing about marrying your high school sweetheart is that you had many old friends and teachers in common!  Over winter break, Future Papa and I made the trip down to our small hometown to attend a Christmas party of one such old friend.  We got to town a bit too early, so we decided to drive by some of our old haunts.  We started with the high school, then our church, and then to the courthouse just steps away.

Have you hung in this long?!  'CAUSE HERE'S THE COOL PART!  Right in front of the courthouse parking lot where we met, there was a sign.
Can you see it?!


We were both floored.  We had been talking about our first child.  Praying.  Deciding what route to go.  Biologically?  Adopting?  Could we afford it?  What would people think?  Back and forth we went.  And here, at the place where we met, just steps away from the church were we married, was a sign.  A LITERAL sign.  And I have NEVER seen an adoption sign before or since this sign!

I do think that God placed this sign right there for us to see.  Right between the parking lot where we first said hello and the church where we said I do.  Is He not great, or what?!

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Much love,
Future Mama
*please support us through our journey with your prayers, advice, and donations.  help us bring our child home.  see our donate tab.

14 comments:

Colleen on January 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM said...

Wow! What a fantastic story! I think that's a very clear sign if you ask me and very cool because I have never once seen an adoption sign either!
Maybe it was there just for you that day!:)

Grace on January 17, 2011 at 8:33 AM said...

That was definitely what I like to call "a lightning bolt"! Very cool :)

Zach + Michelle on January 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM said...

Very cute story!

4 Blessings on January 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM said...

That is so neat. Love how God leads the way :)
Blessings,
Amy

Andrea on January 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM said...

Awwww! I LOVE "your" story! How amazing and a sure sign that you and future papa are on your way to your miracle very soon :)

Cheers to Signs!

Jess on January 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM said...

That story is just SO cool! God really wove events in your life together, didn't He? What a sign!

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

BlessedMommyx3 on January 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM said...

I love this story!! God never ceases to amaze me!!

Anita on January 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM said...

It is such a great story! Glad to find your blog!! Thanks for stopping by!

Savvy Little Women - Kate on January 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM said...

What a cool story, I'm excited to see how God continues to work!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" on January 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM said...

What a memorable sign!!!! :)

Kellie Collis on January 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM said...

Oh my! That is called fate! What a lovely story! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Christy on January 18, 2011 at 7:51 PM said...

Such a cool story!!!

Sara on January 19, 2011 at 8:25 AM said...

Thank you for sharing your story! My husband and I are currently waiting for our baby from Taiwan, so I can relate. :)

Sara
www.sarassimplemusings.blogspot.com

Sally...4 boys + 1 princess.. on January 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM said...

That is awesome how God works, we just have to be open to hear and see His mighty hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez